sharetrader
Page 473 of 840 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473474475476477483523573 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,730 of 8391
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Could be because the company is now in possession of sensitive information (eg. trading update) which must be disclosed before any more trading by insiders is allowed - company being an insider.
    Does the trading update not need to be announced as soon as the company is in possession of said information? Ie they cannot sit on it can they? Or have I got my rules mixed up. I thought if it was material immediate disclosure was required.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Does the trading update not need to be announced as soon as the company is in possession of said information? Ie they cannot sit on it can they? Or have I got my rules mixed up. I thought if it was material immediate disclosure was required.
    I think you are right.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

percy

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Funny coincident - 8th of March was the day the SP started to rise (though note my previous posts - on very weak volume).

Maybe buy backs not so good for the SP?
    I think FNZC may have been buying more than the 30% traded.Some days it appeared to me they were buying close to 49% of the shares traded.

Perhaps they are now waiting for the number of shares traded to match the number they have already brought.?

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I think FNZC may have been buying more than the 30% traded.Some days it appeared to me they were buying close to 49% of the shares traded.
    How do you know which broker is buying how much?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

percy

FNZC are doing the buyback for Turners.

On 7th March 81,579 TRA shares were traded on market.
    On 8th March Tra announced they had brought back 35,042 shares...or 42.95% of the shares traded,not 30%

On 5th March 48,722 TRA shares were traded on market.
    On 6th March TRA announced they had brought back 23,000 shares or 47.20% of the shares traded,not 30%.

On 6th March 329,744 TRA shares were traded on market.
    On 7th March TRA announced they had brought back 163,000 shares,or 49.43% of the shares traded.not 30%
    Last edited by percy; 20-03-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    FNZC are doing the buyback for Turners.

On 7th March 81,579 TRA shares were traded on market.
    On 8th March Tra announced they had brought back 35,042 shares...or 42.95% of the shares traded,not 30%

On 5th March 48,722 TRA shares were traded on market.
    On 6th March TRA announced they had brought back 23,000 shares or 47.20% of the shares traded,not 30%.

On 6th March 329,744 TRA shares were traded on market.
    On 7th March TRA announced they had brought back 163,000 shares,or 49.43% of the shares traded.not 30%
    Percy check out the percentage of shares bought back between 30 Jan and 8 of Feb, its by far the majority and some days there was a high number of shares traded.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    Percy check out the percentage of shares bought back between 30 Jan and 8 of Feb, its by far the majority and some days there was a high number of shares traded.
    Very rough figures.
    On a number of days approx 85% of the shares traded were brought back by TRA.
    Confirms my thoughts that FNZC need to wait for the market to catch up, before they re enter the market.
    Last edited by percy; 20-03-2019 at 04:28 PM.

I see CMO published their half yearlies already 4 weeks ago:

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/330839

Revenue up 4%, but earnings down 9.3%.

The immediate outlook is for revenue to remain high but lower margins and higher costs will constrain trading profitability.
    I guess this fits well into the cyclical picture of the car market TRA published recently (https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...l=1#post751258) - doesn't it?

Maybe we should be prepared for the downturn in the industry to continue for the next couple of years ... A return to $3.80 might take a bit longer ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

percy

Maybe.?
    However I see TRA's
    Sales from new yards helping to keep sales up,and offering the opportunity for finance and insurance.
    finance ie Oxford Finance enjoying growth from incresed number of originators.Now approx 500 sites.
    Autosure enjoying growth.
    Service enjoying growth.
    Excellent property development [revaluations],and a possible good profit from a North Shore site sale.

Whangarei.Interesting to note the new site is in a much better location and holds 25% more vehicles.Will yearly turnover be
    up 25% to 50% or more.?

Possibly very large developments in both ChCh and Auckland.
    Last edited by percy; 21-03-2019 at 11:08 AM.

At this be of those friendly investor roadshow that’s NGOs last year I heard they were talking about doubling market share

Wonder how that’s progressing
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”