sharetrader
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Agree those costs only go one way and it isn't down but for a couple of twenty somethings earning reasonable bucks its quite possibly a good opportunity as their wages will increase as their careers develop. Not too shabby north east facing sunny views, you'd have to concede that and its cheep cheep like a budgie Disc: The hound isn't tempted by the "so called" 10% net return because when, (not if), you get a lengthy period of property vacancy the body corp and other costs mean your real return over the years is considerably lower than that.

I am curious, if this isn't the bottom for that sort of apartment where do you think this bottom's out mate ? $100K ?
    If you are interested, there is a leasehold property in One Tree Hill (Cornwall Park) for sale at $1,000.

Catch - ground rent is currently $45,000 and review in 2 years - likely to be $100,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    If you are interested, there is a leasehold property in One Tree Hill (Cornwall Park) for sale at $1,000.

Catch - ground rent is currently $45,000 and review in 2 years - likely to be $100,000.
    LOL I see your point but those reviews were every 21 years so there's obviously been a massive shock at some stage whereas in this case at least with a 3 yearly review a young couple have a chance to budget for it as their salaries go up. I also wouldn't underestimate the advantage for a young person /. couple not needing a car in town which is a massive annual saving and a massive saving on commute time too. They think differently mate, happy to walk further and take Uber when they need a ride further afield and save mega bucks on car ownership and can walk home when they're drunk...
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-10-2017 at 05:03 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

LOL I see your point but those reviews were every 21 years so there's obviously been a massive shock at some stage whereas in this case at least with a 3 yearly review a young couple have a chance to budget for it as their salaries go up. I also wouldn't underestimate the advantage for a young person /. couple not needing a car in town which is a massive annual saving and a massive saving on commute time too. They think differently mate, happy to walk further and take Uber when they need a ride further afield and save mega bucks on car ownership and can walk home when they're drunk...
    A little off-topic from looking at stocks but the young couple might as well rent the apartment then.

$700 per week = $36,400 a year less costs assumed by landlord of $16,000 = $20,000 a year.

The property is not going to appreciate so the $139,000 they pay will cover 7 years of rent.

Remember that a leaseholder in NZ cannot walk away from most of the residential leases in place in NZ - you are stuck for eternity unless you can find someone to buy off you.

With Labour's policy of kiwibuild homes, there is a better opportunity to buy cheaper homes soon enough.

I personally will not write off FBU as a beneficiary just yet - let's see what tomorrow brings.

Yeah probably overdue to sheet this discussion back to shares. I think while its quite possible that the targeted 10,000 new homes a year may benefit FBU the bloated and arguably inept management of the company provide a very heavy enduring handicap for that horse even if the ground underfoot is a little firmer. On the other hand if the new CEO were to take some drastic measures to clean out vast amounts of overpaid dead wood there might be grounds for believing they might perform better in the future but that still leaves it as a cyclical company trading on a PE well north of 10 so it won't be getting any backing from this hounds money.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Agree those costs only go one way and it isn't down but for a couple of twenty somethings earning reasonable bucks its quite possibly a good opportunity as their wages will increase as their careers develop. Not too shabby north east facing sunny views, you'd have to concede that and its cheep cheep like a budgie
    Sorry but I have to disagree. The shadow created by the 50m high gold statue due to be erected in former POA land of Winston reaching for the stars will have a profound impact on views, sun and noise levels as leagues of worshipers gather for the hourly prayer sessions.

Angry

I've just worked out that since I started investing 4 years ago, I've managed to achieve an average 115% increase per year, each year on my money. Now we're going to be having Labour pains I'm down a few grand so far

I anticipate losing about 11% this year. I'm half considering this year to be the one I fully dip out of all my investments and go into something with a guaranteed ROI. #ReallyNotHappyAboutThis #BeingLegallyAllowedToSmokeDopeIsNotAdequateCompen sation

Maybe I view it as a good thing, sell out and have a pot of money waiting to buy the low. I really wish we could have just had more of the same, like most of the country voted for. Stupid MMP, why have a system designed to give the largest minority party all the power?!

#VentingJustIgnoreMe

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Sorry but I have to disagree. The shadow created by the 50m high gold statue due to be erected in former POA land of Winston reaching for the stars will have a profound impact on views, sun and noise levels as leagues of worshipers gather for the hourly prayer sessions.
    LOL good one.

Understand how you feel LLL.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    not entirely sure I would call 7% "leagues of worshipers"

Also for those of you that haven't heard it.

BREAKING NEWS: All Blacks lose the Rugby Championship as Australia, South Africa and Argentina combine their points and become coalition winners.
    Last edited by Clints; 25-10-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clints View Post

Also for those of you that haven't heard it.

BREAKING NEWS: All Blacks lose the Rugby Championship as Australia, South Africa and Argentina combine their points and become coalition winners.
    Haha - love it. Not sure Steve Hansen will be so delighted at this news though!

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Haha - love it. Not sure Steve Hansen will be so delighted at this news though!
    Could be the start of the apocalypse, don't lose your biscuit