sharetrader
Page 303 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 2032532932993003013023033043053063073133534038031303 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

Nothing.

Be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by ShouldHaveHeld View Post
    Oh man, what should i be buying tomorrow!
    I have a fair idea..my weighting from tomorrow will be 80% overseas investment from up from 65%, all that 15% will be specific US stocks, many connected with Trump and his associated supporters...fully cash up on my NZ portfolio two weeks ago and converted 15% to cash overseas when the cross was favourable, will pick up some good value in NZ if it presents itself...canning TPPA is good for the NZ public however i see real risk with our main export markets going forward with a trade war :-)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/08/stock...ight-race.html

Already Dow futures have halved losses and are down around 300 points... could even get back to 18k after all this panic, meaning the NZX 50 going down 3.3% (vs futures down less than 2.2%) was, potentially, a large over reaction

Hopefully the further retail panic will allow me to top up

Banks and Energy stocks ready to rally (in the US at least...)
    Europe Stoxx 600 and FTSE 100 Futures down less than 1%, Dow Future losses decreasing to 250 points... short term likely a bounce (or at least full recovery)... how things work over the next few months could be more interesting

Advanced Member

Trump wins. There will be bargains happening for long term holders in the next few weeks. Unfortunately I have no cash available 😞

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Europe Stoxx 600 and FTSE 100 Futures down less than 1%, Dow Future losses decreasing to 250 points... short term likely a bounce (or at least full recovery)... how things work over the next few months could be more interesting
    FTSE down just 0.2%, Swiss exchange actually up 0.8%... even I'm surprised about how fast this short term blip has seemingly nearly disappeared... mid term future still a bit unknown, Trump did sound good on TV at least, just little certainty

Lets get ready for the interest rate announcement from Mr Wheeler tomorrow!
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 09-11-2016 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    yeah i never believed Roger was a yawning bored beagle as he claimed ; he was/is a pointing quivering hunting beagle ramrod straight cashing up and chasing his tail (but on the mat)
    Skid you've been cashed up along time ? Except for the unfortunate experiment called AIR? Could be a great bounce coming up with the republicans likely controlling everything; tax concessions etc ; just got to time it right
    I made the call privately to my mates by e.mail in late Sept I thought the market was fully priced and expected a good old fashioned 10-15% correction and have been 70-80% cash since then and avoided much the of the correction that followed. If I'm on the mat I can assure you its a very well padded one
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-11-2016 at 10:21 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Will there be some helicopter money flying around tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I made the call privately to my mates by e.mail in late Sept I thought the market was fully priced and expected a good old fashioned 10-15% correction and have been 70-80% cash since then and avoided much the of the correction that followed. If I'm on the mat I can assure you its a very well padded one
    matter of days or a week after you were talking up your shares held and associated yields..case of situationally honest?? haha

Oh this is truly hopeless. I see BHP in London (which I own) is now up 2.5 per cent! Honestly, this will be just like Brexit where the market recovers in about 4 hours and there's no chance to pick up anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Oh this is truly hopeless. I see BHP in London (which I own) is now up 2.5 per cent! Honestly, this will be just like Brexit where the market recovers in about 4 hours and there's no chance to pick up anything.
    Another reason you should be buying on overseas markets..not up for the fun of it currently..working hard!!