sharetrader
Page 112 of 465 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Less than 10% is my guess at what my RAR would have been if the new fees had been in since the start. Probably reflects in part my high write offs.

Not sure why my write offs have been so high. But when you find out you don't understand an investment like you thought you did, time to get out.
    Possibly not diversified enough? My rule of thumb is at least 200 loans for each grade - the more the better. I don't do E's or F's but would be wanting more like 300 of each if I did as the higher the risk the higher the volatility.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RMJH View Post
    Possibly not diversified enough? My rule of thumb is at least 200 loans for each grade - the more the better. I don't do E's or F's but would be wanting more like 300 of each if I did as the higher the risk the higher the volatility.
    more diversification may have helped but I should have had enough that the benefit would be minimal. More loans should just push me even closer to the average RAR which I was close to anyway. It would interesting to know the platform RAR per grade.

I don't see why there is a need for so many in each grade - I think total loans regardless of grade is the key to diversification.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by scottwalshnz View Post
    I had that assumption to start with, however have found 5 year terms appear safer.
    Interesting

An automatic withdrawal function would now be useful. Saves having to login to arrange each cash withdrawal payment.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Wsp View Post
    An automatic withdrawal function would now be useful. Saves having to login to arrange each cash withdrawal payment.
    I agree. I will be using Squirrel Money's automated withdrawal feature from next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickens View Post
    I agree. I will be using Squirrel Money's automated withdrawal feature from next month.
    Peeling out? If so, for any specific reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Darchie View Post
    Peeling out? If so, for any specific reason?
    Not at all. After "peeling in" enthusiastically for the last couple of months I'm about to use the interest to meet a monthly expense (rates). In the words of JB@squirrel, "to synthesise an income".

(apologies for digressing from the topic of Harmoney)

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    more diversification may have helped but I should have had enough that the benefit would be minimal. More loans should just push me even closer to the average RAR which I was close to anyway. It would interesting to know the platform RAR per grade.

I don't see why there is a need for so many in each grade - I think total loans regardless of grade is the key to diversification.
    You got me thinking maybe I was being too cautious so I did some googling....
    http://www.lendingmemo.com/risk-dive...n-p2p-lending/

Quote Originally Posted by permutation View Post
    Here's an example of delayed processes, last night I invested in a note 64071. Before my investment there were 3 notes remaining, after my investment was accepted there were still 3 notes remaining.
    As at 0847am today almost 12 hours after my investment there are still 3 notes remaining??
    And it is still stuck. Had it before too. But continues to make me wonder about their processes.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RMJH View Post
    You got me thinking maybe I was being too cautious so I did some googling....
    http://www.lendingmemo.com/risk-dive...n-p2p-lending/
    That's great. Thanks for that. I would like to see a Harmoney version.

Dispute my higher risk, I think I did have enough loans to diversify. I think it also prices my point, that more loans would just result in reversion to the mean which is what I have seen occurring.

What is unknown is what is what is the RAR for each grade. If you look at the link you provided for the overseas version, B grade looked to have the highest, with the two riskiest grades being zero.

So potentially I could have been an outlier and been sitting on the red line, so more loans could have improved my position slightly, but statistally speaking, I was probably average so probably would have seen minimal difference. But with the new fee structure, the new average would have been lower so I have decided to put my money elsewhere.

I will probably still be invested here in a couple of years time as the loans do wind down, sound I do jump back in, I will probably pick a lower risk profile, which may give me a higher return.

Conclusion - I want to see RAR by grade.