sharetrader

Hybrid View

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    The spin-out of Investore from Stride may not only be a necessary condition of the proposed new purchase, but is also probably desirable as the large format retail has a significantly? different risk to reward ratio from the rest of the Stride portfolio.
    I am not saying better, I am not saying worse, just that it is different.

Whether it is a good idea to be pumping your money into new shares depends upon, among other considerations, how you see property valuations going forward.

So you will have two separate and independent shares (one vanilla and one-stapled) and you can take your choice of what mix of holding you want to pursue.

The split of Stride into a property owning company and a property management company is highly desirable for tax purposes and maximizing shareholder returns.

The directors and senior staff will probably do OK as well.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

But they're not independent. It will not be possible to hold only str, although you could hold only investore shares.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Unhappy Read with care. Misunderstandings can lead to unforeseen consequences

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    But they're not independent. It will not be possible to hold only str, although you could hold only investore shares.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    ..So you will have two separate and independent shares (one vanilla and one-stapled)...
    Sigh, Sometimes I am strangely overcome with feelings of despair which leads me to seek the company of other Tigers:

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Drink alcohol products only in moderation, if at all.
    om mani peme hum