sharetrader
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Sharesies two big negatives from my viewpoint, no phone contact and you can't have multiple orders stacked up in an individual stock.

Guru

we run multiple portfolios and custom software to track transactions and multi inventory - SH is just not remotely suitable once you are over certain vol and it does not allow you to own the share. It is perfect for first time investors.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    we run multiple portfolios and custom software to track transactions and multi inventory - SH is just not remotely suitable once you are over certain vol and it does not allow you to own the share. It is perfect for first time investors.
    Sharesies do have an option where you can transfer in to a CSN though and back out again as well. So if you are worried about not allowing you to own the share (whatever that means) you have the option to put it on a CSN post purchase.

Sharesies holds stock in nominee just like Computershare or Link do. You do not actually own the share, its just numbers on an email provided by a third party be it on CSN or in Sharesies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nor View Post
    I notice my Australian online broker will often get me a lower price than what I bid. Direct Broking never.
    Well, while I can't comment on your Australian broker - my experience with DB in that regard is different.

I remember several occasions where they bought cheaper than my BUY limit ... and it is as well not unusual that they sell my orders for a better price than my sell limit.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Sharesies holds stock in nominee just like Computershare or Link do. You do not actually own the share, its just numbers on an email provided by a third party be it on CSN or in Sharesies.
    If I interpret correctly I would question this statement. Computershare and Link are share registries and the shares you purchase through a normal broker will be held in your name with Computershare or Link (or someone else) entrusted with keeping the records for who owns how many.

All Sharesies holders will be lumped together as 'Sharesies Nominee' at the Computershare registry
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    If I interpret correctly I would question this statement. Computershare and Link are share registries and the shares you purchase through a normal broker will be held in your name with Computershare or Link (or someone else) entrusted with keeping the records for who owns how many.

All Sharesies holders will be lumped together as 'Sharesies Nominee' at the Computershare registry
    Fair point. What I was trying to illustrate is that you don't actually "own" anything with either, just a bunch of 0 and 1's in the ether.

But yes I suppose Sharesies could up off to Brazil with your stock if they so wished, whilst it would be harder for Computershare or Link to do so.

Either way, the Sharesies ownership model, uncomfortable to some is quite common in overseas jurisdictions.

Banned

Sharesies is NOT a good platform for frequent trading regardless of the share ownership structure.

Frequent traders, say daily or more often , who hold positions for hours days or even a few weeks may choose to use CFD's as a mode. Cheap fees, instantaneous execution, good liquidity, limited range of stocks.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Sharesies two big negatives from my viewpoint, no phone contact and you can't have multiple orders stacked up in an individual stock.
    And no possibility to trade on the USX so not an option for me

Flint set to spark platform competition

Another investment platform is due to arrive in NZ within weeks under the Flint Wealth brand

https://investmentnews.co.nz/investm...m-competition/

more competition is good , by the way there are no good platforms in NZ for traders and the brokerage is high but NZ market does offer good trading opportunities for lower volume trading with a delay.
    serious traders use such platforms as interactive brokers for worldwide markets does aus etc not nz though. i use td ameritrade in US which is good no brokerage and super fast execution.
    one step ahead of the herd