sharetrader
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Veteran novice

Thanks, percy. I'd missed that. First time I've seen Sales and R&D spend added together in one number, though.

percy

https://usx.co.nz/uploads/paperclip/...pdf?1591238996

More reading.
    "real time" Syft instruments analysis in 'real time'.The old way was to collect air samples,send to be analysed by a lab, and get an answer in a day or two.
    Syft instruments do it in real time.ie then and there all the time,.
    We then can figure out just how important "real time" is to Syft's customers.
    R&D spend with sales.Yes an odd thing.
    Not sure I can explain what I want to.They see so many opportunities in so many sectors.At present the semiconductor sector is giving them a lot of sales.They expect "environment" in the medium term,long term "breath".So although a sector may not be working for them they are keeping up their R&D expenditure.
    Any profits will be reinvested in the business.We will never see a divie.

One other thing that gives me confidence is the calibre of the board and the CEO.
    As an aside ACC is a major [active] shareholder.

This is an interesting recent appointment.[makes sense]
    shareholder.https://usx.co.nz/uploads/paperclip/...pdf?1591923670
    Last edited by percy; 25-08-2020 at 06:03 PM.

I'm not sure I fully agree - I think we will see a dividend once the company reaches the target of a billion dollars revenue. Could be a few years yet but I'm feeling patient.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    I'm not sure I fully agree - I think we will see a dividend once the company reaches the target of a billion dollars revenue. Could be a few years yet but I'm feeling patient.
    Hope you are right.
    Bring on the billion dollar revenue...!!!.
    Last edited by percy; 26-08-2020 at 06:40 AM.

percy

Sales today at $1.20.
    Currently buyer is at $1.20, and there is a seller at $1.30.

It is very pleasing to see that SYF shares are holding at $1.20. I have really enjoyed seeing the development of this company - the approach 'management' has taken to the companies development has been very measured, and along sound business lines. I hope I live to see the magic Million dollar sales!! Thank you for your updates, both here and PAZ, and SFF - companies which actually proved more interest to me than a lot of companies on the main NZX.

Should we read anything into the absence of the 2020 Annual General Meeting so far. Is something up that means there is an incentive to delay it? The two most recent AGM’s were held on 20 August 2019 and 21 August 2018.

The 2020 annual report was released three months ago on 2 June but I haven’t even seen a notice of meeting for the 2020 AGM yet. What is holding this up? I understand that under the Companies Act 1993 that an AGM must be held within six months of balance date, although there may be some COVID-19 extensions allowed this year.

Either way, we are due for a further shareholder update.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Lad View Post
    Should we read anything into the absence of the 2020 Annual General Meeting so far. Is something up that means there is an incentive to delay it? The two most recent AGM’s were held on 20 August 2019 and 21 August 2018.

The 2020 annual report was released three months ago on 2 June but I haven’t even seen a notice of meeting for the 2020 AGM yet. What is holding this up? I understand that under the Companies Act 1993 that an AGM must be held within six months of balance date, although there may be some COVID-19 extensions allowed this year.

Either way, we are due for a further shareholder update.
    I phoned the company.
    Notice of meeting will be sent out shortly.
    The date of the agm is 25th September.
    Last edited by percy; 03-09-2020 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I phoned the company.
    Notice of meeting will be sent out shortly.
    The date of the agm is 25th September.
    Cheers Percy. Will be interested to see if there is anything ‘out of the ordinary’ in the notice of meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Lad View Post
    Cheers Percy. Will be interested to see if there is anything ‘out of the ordinary’ in the notice of meeting.
    AGM notice is finally out, no business of any particular note. Guess the company has just been busy getting on with creating value for shareholders.

I see another 200,000 shares traded at $1.20 this morning, so someone is building a sizeable stake.