No, they can’t consult with us on everything. I agree with you. But they should consult with us on things like the flag change because these are not “mission critical” decisions/expenditures and the cost in this case, was definitely not justified.

You are correct in saying we expect them to make the hard decisions that benefit the country. These decisions include the post Christchurch attack decisions on gun control. The government acted quickly and confidently for the good of the country. They can never please everyone, but in this situation I believe they have the support of the majority, and they made the right calls.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
Rubbish. Jacinda and her mob have done a heck of a lot that the majority of kiwis do not necessarily want. And good on them. That is why they were elected, to make the hard decisions, not necessarily the most palatable ones, but ultimately ones that benefit this country. You cannot go and consult with the people at every whim. It is just not efficient. I may not have been happy if Key had changed the flag (I was in the keep existing camp) but I would have respected his and National's right to do so. If I felt strongly enough about it I then have a chance every 3 years to vote for another party.