sharetrader
Page 230 of 291 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 2905
    Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    I think they will work on getting more out of the current businesses, maybe streamline the new acquisitions and look at getting rid of Starbucks and non performing Pizza huts so the business looks better on paper. I dont see further acquisitions in the short term. I would really like them to invest a little in a NZ brand to get franchised outside of NZ (as a side project which is funded like a startup). They have the ability to scale fast but I dont think the current team have time to look into that, they going after the big fish. But it still would be nice to get an NZ started franchise owned by RBD

They had a crack at shifting Starbucks back in 2010. I can't think of an obvious buyer, and the country is not short on franchise 'me too' cafes but it wouldn't hurt to have another go now. They could roll out Taco Bell but for some reason, one that has never clearly been explained, that isn't in the plans.
    Last edited by Hectorplains; 23-09-2017 at 01:36 PM.

Guru

Anyone aware of any information as to the sudden interest today? Up 3.8% to $6.90!

On the doghouse

Default 7

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Thanks bull

That's how my simple chart shows it but putting the price and ROC together looks messy

I've been holding since sub $1 days in 2008/2009. My premise is that generally the share price is higher than a year ago so with dividends it is a great hold.

As you say that broke down in 2012 and I reduced my holding - retaining a fair chunk because RBDs PE fall was in line with the market (assume that market action affected RBD)

Since then my premise has held - even when some on here thought that at 530 odd the chart was sad and sold out ......gee it's over $6 now

Occasionally it looks like time to sell but as always ahead of a year ago (with divies and free vouchers) it was a case of why sell. The original ones are getting close to 8 bagger (on a average price including the sales they are about a 25 bagger but I don't things that way)

Yep $6 plus now - probably $7 bucks in a years time
    We didn't have to wait that long from your 3rd June 2017 post. RBD touched 7 bucks today. Was that you selling out your 1,667 shares at 2:57pm this afternoon Winner?

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Anyone aware of any information as to the sudden interest today? Up 3.8% to $6.90!
    It has just listed on the ASX. Aussies recognizing a good thing?

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 29-09-2017 at 03:29 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    We didn't have to wait that long from your 3rd June 2017 post. RBD touched 7 bucks today. Was that you selling out your 1,667 shares at 2:57pm this afternoon Winner?

It has just listed on the ASX. Aussies recognizing a good thing?

SNOOPY
    Maybe, but I have not really seen any trades on the ASX to date and no depth either side to speak of...

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Maybe, but I have not really seen any trades on the ASX to date and no depth either side to speak of...
    ....going the Turners way ...and TRA sold on the ASX yet
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

There thing holding the RBD SP back (in my opinion) is that people are nervous about success abroad. The price is increasing because people are feeling more confident about it, and also I would guess that a listing in ASX would draw investors with less historical knowledge of failures abroad in the old days.

Personally, I can't see operations abroad going any other way than superbly. I think this stock has some upwards drift left in it as people revalue the excellent returns vs increasing confidence in their ability to execute.

Hence I'm still holding this while dividend is great and PE is low. Once PE is high (with investor confidence in operations abroad), and if the growth story no longer exists at that time, then I'll consider selling... But what I'm hoping for is that another year of great returns will go by, and the SP will go up with evidence of excellent execution, and next year there will be new expansion plans in the mix.

It's my largest holding (half portfolio), I'm not buying any more.

Back over 7 bucks

I reckon this time it will push on to 750 / 800

Pity Carl’s Jnr is a bit of a dog.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Back over 7 bucks

I reckon this time it will push on to 750 / 800

Pity Carl’s Jnr is a bit of a dog.
    This hound has tried to like his local dog. When they first opened it was great, enthusiastic staff, piping hot chips and very tasty burgers.
    The last four times I have been in recent months its always the same. I get disinterested staff who appear to have low morale, lukewarm fries but the burger is still good.
    It matters not whether I bark about making sure the fries are fresh and hot at the time of the order or not, they don't seem to want to understand. Lukewarm fries it is every time and of course I go back up and bark about it then it takes so long to get fresh hot fries the burger is lukewarm.
    Is it really so hard to ensure the fries and burger are fresh and hot ?...apparently it is.
    The last straw was taking the condiments extra's away so you can't dress up your burger with extra's and oh yes, they put the prices up as well.
    Less food for more money with shoddy service and lukewarm fries...no point in me going again, I know how that movie play's itself out every single time...
    As for the dog food they serve at KFC..well lets just say I wouldn't feed it to my dogs. Obviously there is money in rubbish, this company proves it !
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-12-2017 at 01:27 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I have a very small share now in RBD after selling around these levels. A foreward PE of 22 seems very expensive to me and there are certainly some risks.

Herbacious

Anyone have a view on RBD making an opportunistic play for ASX.RFG? They’re certainly getting punished at the moment (and not without reason, but there are some good brands there).