sharetrader
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Interesting...Tasmans report due next week. Their website has been updated and contains news of new possible listings (a peat mine and acai berries) and an update on WSD, CFG and Pulse.

http://www.tasmancapital.co.nz/investments.html

Has anyone heard any info from these guys in the past 24 months? The www site is now thoroughly out of date. Looks like the company is still incorporated on the companies register. I'm going to flick some emails into the directors and try and prompt a response. Has anyone else had any information forthcoming from them?

Thanks

No I haven't heard from them either.

But have a look at Cooks Food Group (CFG) in which Tasman has a holding. A tie-up with the people who developed the Esquires franchise is proposed.

Share Collector

They usually send out their annual report - I'm pretty sure I got one. You can download and read it here if you would like (dated 1 Oct 2012):
    http://www.business.govt.nz/companie...8857/documents

Interestingly, you can also download the names and addresses of ALL shareholders - which I had not seen available before. Oh and cheeringly (!) Brent King is now a director. Plus they've issued another 1m shares (20% of capital) at 10cps. 800k of these were options granted in August and converted in December, presumably to the same qualified investors who received the first 200k - Snowdon Peak Investments (Brent King) and Tasman Portfolio Ltd (Joseph van Wijk). Recently restored company "Yee Industries Ltd" has picked up 100k shares which may or may not mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I thought it looked quite clever - more of a "shareholder raising" than a "capital raising". Of course there is a big risk they fail to get any takers, or fail to get them at the right price. Selecting only for "profitable" companies would seem to limit things a bit, even if I do applaud the sentiment.

The pay-off seems to be in terms of free shares issued with each listing. My question would be what value parcel would be issued? Is it correct to assume that they would have to issue a marketable parcel (is that $500 worth?). The example is given of a $20m company, with $200k shares issued to shareholders. Since there would be 5,000,000 shares on issue, proportional allocation would only give each shareholder shares worth 4cents per head share in Tas Cap, or $200 worth for those with the standard 5000 share parcel.

Might be a good return on $500 at the targetted two issues per year, but a little fiddly to hold all those tiny parcels.
    Hi Lizard & other shareholders of this exceedingly slow burn.

Here we are 13 years later and your prediction re tiny parcels has come to pass. A perusal of my Transaction Statement from Link shows we now own shares in Cooks Global Foods, Lateral Profiles, Southern Charter, and Tasman Capital.

The Lateral and Southern Charter holdings are effectively worthless.
    Try selling Cooks on the NZX - there will be nothing left after brokerage.
    I believe an avenue for selling Tasman Capital shares exists through the website. Who do you think might be picking those shares up and at what price ? The absence of transparency is a concern.

In the latest Annual Report (2019) under the heading "Future Outlook" the MD made the following statement : "Tasman is currently working on several projects to assist companies to complete a transaction .... It is Tasman's objective that it's portfolio of investments will grow over time".

$0.00 multiplied by (whatever number you might choose to enter) still = $0.00

Good luck to all holders.

I did sell my Cook's holding ages ago. Can't remember what I got for it, but yeah, not much.
    Having said that, I've made worse investments!

Hi Grimy,
    I have just sent you a personal message.
    Cheers,
    Felonius

Hi Felonius,
    Have replied by PM.
    Regards,
    Grimy

Hi Felonius, Grimy,

Any relevant news for the rest of us?

Warmly,
    TheBusinessman

There really hasn't been any news on Tasman that I can recall lately.
    Other than Lateral offering the chance to purchase more shares.
    Which I'm not......