sharetrader
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    You seem to think that people are incapable of building wealth outside of the socially and economically destructive housing rort.

If you think that profiteering = capitalism, then that explains a lot about your attitude.
    I create wealth through multiple ways, property is but one of them.

And yes I have always had a strong driven attitude to achieve my goals so again thank you for the kind compliment.

I love how TeslaGod is calmly and rationally bringing out the crazines in Logen. I wish i was levelheaded like that

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    This post tells me alot

Anger
    Hate
    Envy

I believe the narrative is I'm supposed to be Im the greedy evil landlord?

Not really,I'm the capitalist who coaches my kids sports teams,the capitalist who donates to my preferred charity and sports organisation, the capitalist that doesn't have any anger ,hate or ill will towards others.

I guess it's how one chooses to see the world.
    You ever look at any of them and think 'holy ****, through no fault of your own you're going to have an absolute mountain to climb in order to own the roof over your head'?. I do.

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaskier View Post
    You ever look at any of them and think 'holy ****, through no fault of your own you're going to have an absolute mountain to climb in order to own the roof over your head'?. I do.
    No
    But I try to install self belief, and encourage achieving there goals, I'm confident 6 out of 10 will achieve home ownership,if they want it

No
    But I try to install self belief, and encourage achieving there goals, I'm confident 6 out of 10 will achieve home ownership,if they want it
    Sometimes I wish I had the ability to discount/ disregard objective data too. Good for you I suppose. Be boring if we were all the same. GL for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaskier View Post
    Sometimes I wish I had the ability to discount/ disregard objective data too. Good for you I suppose. Be boring if we were all the same. GL for the season.
    What is objective data? You see in the future? There might be rapid price rise, crash, or 10 year flatline. Nobody knows.

NZ has so many options to solve housing crisis, the only problem standing in the way of resolution is the government... doesn't really matter which side either.

Quote Originally Posted by peetter View Post
    What is objective data? You see in the future? There might be rapid price rise, crash, or 10 year flatline. Nobody knows.

NZ has so many options to solve housing crisis, the only problem standing in the way of resolution is the government... doesn't really matter which side either.
    DTIs for instance are objective. But on that basis - given none of us have crystal balls - why would we ever consider the future at all? This doesn't really align with the future-oriented concept of investing though haha.

I agree with your second point. Government holds the keys (couldn't help it) to the solution(s).

Guru

Having researched speculative mania's, it is part of phenomenon to lampoon those who keep their heads as 'crazy'.

Higher interest rates are on their way. Good luck speculators!

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Having researched speculative mania's, it is part of phenomenon to lampoon those who keep their heads as 'crazy'.

Higher interest rates are on their way. Good luck speculators!
    I purchasd most of my property when interest rates were 5% +. Rents have increased and my debt has decreased.

Higher interest will only lock out first home buyers, because prices won't decrease ,mortgage serviceability will increase.

Advanced Member

I purchasd most of my property when interest rates were 5% +. Rents have increased and my debt has decreased.

Higher interest will only lock out first home buyers, because prices won't decrease ,mortgage serviceability will increase.
    So higher interest rates surely the serviceability for a first home buyer will Decrease ?