sharetrader

Hybrid View

Permanent Newbie

I think its a great idea, as these people never contributed to the public purse.
    If we take it one step further and consider that the people who did contribute never put any aside to fund their own retirement but are now relying on the next generation to pay for their retirement through taxation as they spent all their contributions on themselves. The next generation appears not to have benefitted from investment in state housing, free tertiary education etc so maybe those that did well over that time and generated some wealth and passive income don't put their hand out for welfare from the younger generations they have been constantly sh**ting on over many years.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    The next generation appears not to have benefitted from investment in state housing, free tertiary education etc so maybe those that did well over that time and generated some wealth and passive income don't put their hand out for welfare from the younger generations they have been constantly sh**ting on over many years.
    With an attitude like that you can get s*****d.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    With an attitude like that you can get s*****d.
    Any member of a generation below the boomers should be used to getting s*****d good and hard by now.

Maybe I am a bit harsh on the boomers, my problems are mostly of my own making but I do feel for the generations younger than me expected to pick up the tab.