sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by beacon View Post
    Annual debt ceiling negotiations are now a recurring political show every year with similar outcomes, so not much to see there - in terms of meaningful or sustainable impact on markets, I think.

Rising China Taiwan attrition, Higher USD, anti-trust cases, decreasing personal US savings and increasing FFR should, however, grind down SPX500 in the next few quarters, even if US remains a low volatility market in this period. Here's an insightful listen on closer-than-you-think China's War timeline, for those who can spare the time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98kMSEkPiLo
    Thanks for the link. Worrying. I recall before the Ukraine invasion the USA saying the signs were very clear that it was going to happen. Seems to be the same here. I remember thinking it would be over in a week or two. Very wrong.

I wonder what the outcome will be in Taiwan ?

10-year and 30-year Treasury yields rise to their highest levels since 2007

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/10/03/us-t...c-outlook.html

going over 5% stocks down more 4200 test coming up
    one step ahead of the herd

Job market is still hot. The final stage in the longest bull market for all types of extremely over valued assets. History can repeat in a different manner. What happened in the past will happen again and again in a different manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Valuegrowth View Post
    Job market is still hot. The final stage in the longest bull market for all types of extremely over valued assets. History can repeat in a different manner. What happened in the past will happen again and again in a different manner.
    the catalyst for todays savaging , although plenty of bad news came out yesterday setting the scene for today's action. as well a technical setup's
    Last edited by bull....; 04-10-2023 at 07:00 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

I found it interesting that gold hit a potential triple bottom overnight and bounced.
    Gold has been hammered in recent weeks down around 10%.
    The cost of carry has been hurting gold and that's not going away, however I also think there would have been selling to fund margin calls in the equity markets.

If gold doesn't hold here then next major support looks like $1620ish.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    the catalyst for todays savaging , although plenty of bad news came out yesterday setting the scene for today's action. as well a technical setup's
    Jeez SPX down 1.5% …but on way back up

Didn’t get to 4200 …that’s good
    Last edited by winner69; 04-10-2023 at 08:36 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

GOLD nay drop to $ 1000. It's not going to escape. QUOTE=Daytr;1024356]I found it interesting that gold hit a potential triple bottom overnight and bounced.
    Gold has been hammered in recent weeks down around 10%.
    The cost of carry has been hurting gold and that's not going away, however I also think there would have been selling to fund margin calls in the equity markets.

If gold doesn't hold here then next major support looks like $1620ish.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Valuegrowth;1024358]GOLD nay drop to $ 1000. It's not going to escape.

What makes you think that?

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    Good question. I meant market cap.
    Hey Azz, there will be competitors clammering to fill the gap,compete it's a natural law.Have you researched who the contenders will be even if they're not up to speed yet?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Hey Azz, there will be competitors clammering to fill the gap,compete it's a natural law.Have you researched who the contenders will be even if they're not up to speed yet?
    They have to make their own chips. A lot of the A.I. "competitors" so far are using the Nvidia hardware backbone. Amazon, for example, is going all-in with A.I.; they use Nvidia chips, but moving forward intend to design and make their own, at least for a portion of their A.I. software; of note, is these Amazon chips are not as powerful as Nvidia's.