sharetrader
Page 500 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 4004504904964974984995005015025035045105506001000 ... LastLast
Results 4,991 to 5,000 of 14177

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    When you have been buying sub 15 and think it is oversold
    Ditto. Give it another 2-3 weeks and the sp will be higher than .170. I could be wrong of course, but no guts no glory in this stock on the way it's going.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    When you're up $40,000 at breakfast but it's all gone by tea time]
    I reckon SKT could be one of the great turnaround stories of all time......... just not yet, and not today.

BIG thanks to Ogg and mistaTea for making this one of the most entertaining threads to read (almost better entertainment than watching SKY on the big screen!)

GLH. (watching from the sidelines)
    Last edited by Leftfield; 10-09-2020 at 05:13 PM.

Yip I'm surprised in the drop today after the nice rise. The Cork went back in the bottle after 20 minutes of trading.
    I'm still saying it the result was good. It wasn't a bad one (for a change). The presentation was good and although I missed most of the questions and answers from what I heard I thought it will be well received from Institutions. I just wondering at play now with the sharesies effect big firms can be using this to their advantage. Driving the price up selling then making users panic sell creating a snowball effect. Then they are there to mop up the cheap shares. I'm almost thinking about doing it myself. Just alot more volitility makes a interesting day but I would rather just see sky rise slowly, effortlessly 😜😁🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Discovery Inc.
    Makes no sense - they would like to have the sp down to 12c, remember so they can launch a takeover? No point them supporting the sp or showing their hand for a pathetic 24m shares.
    Last edited by Balance; 10-09-2020 at 05:48 PM.

For the record how many people will be having sky as there stock pick for 2021. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    For the record how many people will be having sky as there stock pick for 2021. 
    Me, it's a good long term 'sure thing' hold. Offsets some of the riskier plays.

Whats with the new box??

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    Yip I'm surprised in the drop today after the nice rise. The Cork went back in the bottle after 20 minutes of trading.
    I'm still saying it the result was good. It wasn't a bad one (for a change). The presentation was good and although I missed most of the questions and answers from what I heard I thought it will be well received from Institutions. I just wondering at play now with the sharesies effect big firms can be using this to their advantage. Driving the price up selling then making users panic sell creating a snowball effect. Then they are there to mop up the cheap shares. I'm almost thinking about doing it myself. Just alot more volitility makes a interesting day but I would rather just see sky rise slowly, effortlessly ������
    There was certainly some flushing out going on. Funny thing is, now that the result is out, which made guidance without the nice tax break the good will impairment gives them, nervous nellies run for the hills. Safer buying now than 2 weeks ago!

Guru

So according to Mr Market, Sky Network Television is only worth three times as much as NZME.

Riiiiight. Considering Sky still produced a FCF of $82M....that has got to be at least 10 times more than anything NZME could muster.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 10-09-2020 at 08:05 PM. Reason: typo: 10 times, not 20.

Quote Originally Posted by tqtq View Post
    Me, it's a good long term 'sure thing' hold. Offsets some of the riskier plays.
    "Cheap" does not mean less risky. Sky TV is at the pointy end of several megatrends - the very definition of a burning platform.

And is Sky TV even cheap? One reason people are happily paying insane prices for some things is low interest rates. If the buyer can be convinced of large cashflows far into the future, then they can justify almost any price, at least to themselves, in the present environment.

There is a good chance that the "best" days for Sky TV lie in the immediate future, and the further out you go, the more risk and uncertainty there is that they will have a viable business model. Therefore, it is much harder for one to use low interest rates as a mechanism to delude themselves, which is why the market isn't.

To some extent, what you're betting on is that the cashflows from the current business model can be deployed into finding the future. But, even on the most optimistic assumptions, how much cash can this business generate and what kind of future can a NZ content aggregator buy?

You have giant content creators like Disney and HBO seeking to control distribution. You have giant aggregators like Netflix, now creating content, with the megacap tech firms like Amazon, Google and Apple broadly in the same business. All of these have global scale and access to capital that Sky TV can only dream about.

Then at the bottom end, you have piracy. For those that are happy to pirate content, this is truly the best of times. Quality content being created for a sole platform by companies without a short term profit motive, but, once pirated, the content from EVERY platform is easily available at no charge. Great for pirates. Horrible for Sky TV.

I have not ruled out ever buying Sky TV - I actively monitor it as a potential investment, I'm not just in the thread to throw stones. But they are in an extremely tough spot due to the myriad of competitive pressures, and I don't see things getting much easier.

This is not a low risk investment.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----