sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by samjaynz View Post
    A lot of the millennial Sharesies brigade I know have been buying in.

There is a genuine belief that any share/stock at a discount to it's recent performance is a "good buy".
    Thanks for posting, if that’s the true situation then there are likely to be a lot of disappointed shareholders about to be awoken to the effects of a massive share price drop, then an equally upsetting solution as the government moves to take control. It’s only at the absolute bottom, assuming AIR even remains a listed company that new punters position for the future. Current shareholders will be wiped out as they were last time AIR failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger_Danger View Post
    I just wish there was an easy and direct way to short the Sharesies customer database.
    Funny you mention this. We all know the story about when the shoe shine boy gives you stock tips you sell. Late last year and right up until about 5 weeks ago I started seeing a whole load of friends on Instagram, Facebook etc "preaching the word" about Sharesies. That should have been a MASSIVE signal for me to get out. Luckily I had sold a fair bit of my holdings before then ... but I liken it to a modern day version. "When the Instagram influencer is flogging his Sharesies referral code, sell up ASAP!"

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Thanks for posting, if that’s the true situation then there are likely to be a lot of disappointed shareholders about to be awoken to the effects of a massive share price drop, then an equally upsetting solution as the government moves to take control. It’s only at the absolute bottom, assuming AIR even remains a listed company that new punters position for the future. Current shareholders will be wiped out as they were last time AIR failed.
    Agreed. But all they see is "stocks on sale" (their words, not mine). I actually think there are some oversold bargains in current climate but Air NZ ain't one. Air travel buggered for ages. I went so far as to spend up all my airpoints on mitre 10 vouchers and wine as I'm so sure this is going down further.

its not just the Millenial Sharesies Brigade

DBTop10Buys270320.JPG
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Whereabouts on the Direct Broking site did you get that information please peat!?

Quote Originally Posted by dubya View Post
    Whereabouts on the Direct Broking site did you get that information please peat!?

It is publicly available too! You dont even need a login to see it.
    Not that I would base any decision around that one piece of info. But occasionally its interesting.

Capture.JPG
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Got it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thedrunkfish View Post
    I think your wrong there mate! Propping up businesses that keep the economy running more like. In essence buying time to allow us to knock the bastard off and still have businesses to function afterwards.

I'm interested to know what you think is a better option? Let them all go belly up?
    Think I agree with your perspective on this one - the govt' has flashed it's business credentials and it speaks to Air NZ's financials as Greg Foran mentioned that they wouldn't have got a better deal from banks.

Quote Originally Posted by samjaynz View Post
    Funny you mention this. We all know the story about when the shoe shine boy gives you stock tips you sell. Late last year and right up until about 5 weeks ago I started seeing a whole load of friends on Instagram, Facebook etc "preaching the word" about Sharesies. That should have been a MASSIVE signal for me to get out. Luckily I had sold a fair bit of my holdings before then ... but I liken it to a modern day version. "When the Instagram influencer is flogging his Sharesies referral code, sell up ASAP!"

Agreed. But all they see is "stocks on sale" (their words, not mine). I actually think there are some oversold bargains in current climate but Air NZ ain't one. Air travel buggered for ages. I went so far as to spend up all my airpoints on mitre 10 vouchers and wine as I'm so sure this is going down further.
    I agree with you, what people don't seem to understand is yes they got money from the government, however its a huge loan they will need to pay back - with interest!

Foran:
    “Maybe by Christmas we'll be back to a third of the size, maybe in 18 months we're back to three-quarters of our size.“

In other words munted

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12320272
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Sometimes, in times of stress and uncertainty, some of us make a calculated decision to take a chance and buy an investment related “lotto ticket.” Life is short and the current situation has presented us all with that reality check. But like betting on the long shot outsider at the races - “just in case.”

Some, like my daughter are buying an AIR lotto ticket. Some, like me, went with BliS.

Because YOLO (you only live once)