Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
Anyone raised a bank mortgage on a commercial or industrial property lately? If so at what rate and terms? Were they more interested in the valution - or the purchase price. Did you manage to trim a bit off their published rate? What bank? Did you shop around? I'vve long since retired from such activity, but am curious about the current situation.
No I just rolled over my Commercial property loan thats at Res rates (as I have the Res equity to cover Westpac one of the few banks to do this) but in recent talks with Business banker certainly isn't easy to get lending on commercial without jumping threw many hoops to please the bank ...
what I heard
I'd say they'll want 50% min deposit
P&I loan to pay-off lending within fixed term of lease (unless you have the equity)
67% NBS min earthquake report ..

As to rates depends on which lender ...if after filling out all their forms of details of your personal affairs they think your good enough to lend to ....then they will slap you with the rates I've heard of 2% over RES rates(Unless you have the equity they like RES-CASH etc) ..but that was earlier in the year..