sharetrader
Page 694 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 19459464468469069169269369469569669769870474479411941694 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,940 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nasi Goreng View Post
    I would strongly recommend against making AIR or any other stock 50% of your portfolio. It is ok to accept a loss every now and again.
    50% in a stock like Ryman and I wouldn't bat an eyelid( Already been there in times past)

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs down Pyrrhic Victories

Leaving couta1 to trade his way into poverty and smiling at the Ozzie press taking great delight in VAH putting one over on that nasty Air New Zealand the fact does remain that:

VAH largest single shareholder no longer has a seat on the board, and few friends where it needs them.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Yes, I wonder if the Board did a debrief on that decision? It really did seem like a rash decision. Still, it might be able to be turned into a nice Harvard Business School scenerio about what not to do in a situation like that so all is not lost.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 01-06-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Advanced Member

Hello, just bought back in at 2.23 after selling last lot 40 months ago. Now waiting for price to go down as it normally does when I buy in.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I wonder sometimes about the wisdom of communicating ones trading strategy, buy/sell prices and stops on a public internet forum. Just a thought.
    Fair comment - I don't put everything I do up and having a tight stop loss is not something that would surprise, once activated cant see how it changes things for people to know but thanks for the reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Leaving couta1 to trade his way into poverty and smiling at the Ozzie press taking great delight in VAH putting one over on that nasty Air New Zealand the fact does remain that:

VAH largest single shareholder no longer has a seat on the board, and few friends where it needs them.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Yes, I wonder if the Board did a debrief on that decision? It really did seem like a rash decision. Still, it might be able to be turned into a nice Harvard Business School scenerio about what not to do in a situation like that so all is not lost. Some people will be able to find value in the call, just not shareholders.
    You good chaps assuming this heads of agreement is already done and dusted and I'd be prepared to wager you a few cold ones that a share issue of that magnitude requires a special resolution with 75% of shareholders agreeing to it. Seeing as AIR presently owns more than 25% Borgatti might have just handed our Harvard graduate a very good bargaining chip without even realising it. Back Luxon over Borgatti any day of the week, just look at the respective financial performance of the two airlines for starters !

Sometimes discretion is the better part of valour when it comes to taking excessively large positions...sometimes when you're in a hole the best thing to do is to stop digging. I think having sensible sized allocation in one's portfolio to risky volatile shares is a prudent thing for anyone, especially anyone within circa 10-15 years of their retirement.
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-06-2016 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Leaving couta1 to trade his way into poverty
    HAHAH you'll get banned coz in my view this is worse than calling someone stupid.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Hope you're right Roger, I just felt like venting a little.

Couta1, I'm with Roger and everyone else. 50% in any one stock is bonkers, in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    50% in a stock like Ryman and I wouldn't bat an eyelid( Already been there in times past)
    There may be a few paratroopers out there who don't use a spare shoot and they probably felt the same way until the first shoot fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    You good chaps assuming this heads of agreement is already done and dusted and I'd be prepared to wager you a few cold ones that a share issue of that magnitude requires a special resolution with 75% of shareholders agreeing to it. Seeing as AIR presently owns more than 25% Borgatti might have just handed our Harvard graduate a very good bargaining chip without even realising it. Back Luxon over Borgatti any day of the week, just look at the respective financial performance of the two airlines for starters !

Sometimes discretion is the better part of valour when it comes to taking excessively large positions...sometimes when you're in a hole the best thing to do is to stop digging. I think having sensible sized allocation in one's portfolio to risky volatile shares is a prudent thing for anyone, especially anyone within circa 10-15 years of their retirement.
    Hi Roger, thanks for all your informative posts, certainly take note when you are posting. Just a quickie did I read today that AIR's shareholding is currently below 25 percent in VAH after the recent Capital Raising? (now 22.50%)