sharetrader

Hybrid View

Advanced Member

My neighbours in Napier Rural are all charged for water delivery through meters. The service is through to the road by their properties and because they live up on the hills behind, they have storage tanks and pumps up at the houses to increase the supply to a workable level. I live up on the opposite hill but I have no supply and no charges. My water comes from the house roof and implement sheds into a tank and is unfiltered or treated. It tastes great and makes very good Bourbon.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    My neighbours in Napier Rural are all charged for water delivery through meters. The service is through to the road by their properties and because they live up on the hills behind, they have storage tanks and pumps up at the houses to increase the supply to a workable level. I live up on the opposite hill but I have no supply and no charges. My water comes from the house roof and implement sheds into a tank and is unfiltered or treated. It tastes great and makes very good Bourbon.
    My brother gets all his water from his roof at home. He is not charged for it and I fail to see how a Labour govt can charge him for it. He does not conserve because there is no need to. Although when there is a dry summer he does use less.