This is my first post on this forum. I have been reading here religiously for at least 3 years and have tried to make an account several times but was always unable without access to an ISP email address. This is one reason I would suggest for the high viewership to poster number ratio.

Disc: 25% of my listed portfolio is comprised of BGP.

On to Briscoes.

i have noticed on this forum often times the true golden companies are unsung heroes.

I’m a huge fan of Briscoes and of Duke. Hes a value hound at heart, he didn’t chase KMD for a stupid price and they focus on doing the basics well instead of flashy inconsistent approaches I see all over the place.

Briscoes is without a doubt some of the best value you can find currently on the NZX.

Sitting currently on a P/ E ratio of 12.92

it has an average 5 year return on equity of 28%! (According to reuters data). This is enough to be making Buffet and Munger salivate. The large increases in EPS are not being diluted to laughable levels

The return on equity figure looks even more impressive considering they have low debt and are conservatively managed.

They pay a fantastic increasing dividend.

to the best of my knowledge over the past 10years its turned a profit 9 of those years. An enviable track record, even moreso in the retail industry and directly post GFC.

looking forward to discusing BGP with you all in more detail and depth.