sharetrader
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Cant go wrong with that. Even a pair of socks would wear out in a couple of years and you would have nothing to show for your gift. (I treated myself to a santa sack load of OCA)
    OCA.Best retirement sector divie yield,and a nice home for you when you wear out.!..lol.
    Last edited by percy; 19-12-2018 at 08:08 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Thank you, I will read that, again, maybe I missed something important. It doesn't stand to reason that a bank would disregard a property's market valuation when considering how much they would lend on the said property.
    Big difference between lending 80% to 90% of a property's valuation and 12% to 40%.

Remember the story about the difference between being committed and being involved.?

A pig and a chicken were walking along the road early one sunny morning,when they came upon a cafe.

The chicken said to the pig "lets go and have breakfast of bacon and eggs".

The pig said no,"for you,you are only involved ,yet for me it is a commitment."
    I like to think HGH are" involved "in the Australian property market,while the Australian Banks are "committed".
    Last edited by percy; 20-12-2018 at 07:04 AM.

These guys should come and see Heartland and share ideas

Transforming a Traditional Bank into an Agile Market Leader

https://www.strategy-business.com/ar..._campaign=resp
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Big difference between lending 80% to 90% of a property's valuation and 12% to 40%.

Remember the story about the difference between being committed and being involved.?

A pig and a chicken were walking along the road early one sunny morning,when they came upon a cafe.

The chicken said to the pig "lets go and have breakfast of bacon and eggs".

The pig said no,"for you,you are only involved ,yet for me it is a commitment."
    I like to think HGH are" involved "in the Australian property market,while the Australian Banks are "committed".
    lol, good story. Unfortunately if we head into a recession I believe all financials will get tarred with the same brush.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    lol, good story. Unfortunately if we head into a recession I believe all financials will get tarred with the same brush.
    True - however ... some will survive and others may not ...

Despite a risk for all financial institutions to drop in price - it still might be better to own the ones which do survive.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

percy

Shares with directors with a lot of skin on the line, good management,a strong balance sheet, and the capacity to grow dividends always recover the quickest from any recession.
    You do your research, and are sure your portfolio will survive any stress test,but you never know if you are right or not until the recession is over.

percy

I will be sorry to see CFO David Mackell leave Heartland.Very competent, easy to talk to person,as was his predecessor Simon Owen.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I will be sorry to see CFO David Mackell leave Heartland.Very competent, easy to talk to person,as was his predecessor Simon Owen.
    Yeh I worked with him a long time ago at Air NZ. He was a whizz on the spreadsheet I can assure you. So he was at AIR for decades and yet leaves Heartland after a year? Hmmm
    A slight concern from my view but equally could be nothing.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Yeh I worked with him a long time ago at Air NZ. He was a whizz on the spreadsheet I can assure you. So he was at AIR for decades and yet leaves Heartland after a year? Hmmm
    A slight concern from my view but equally could be nothing.
    Where’s he off to — another listed company they say
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Wouldn't surprise me if Chris made him an offer he can't refuse.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-12-2018 at 07:02 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine