sharetrader
Page 8 of 246 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Give me regular dividends any day of the week...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    Give me regular dividends any day of the week...
    At a price of $1.60, this seems to be the cheapest power co out there with less downside from Tiwai (provide transpower pulls finger) but big downside from the Greens policy.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    At a price of $1.60, this seems to be the cheapest power co out there with less downside from Tiwai (provide transpower pulls finger) but big downside from the Greens policy.
    Demand for power even without Tiwai must be on a strong growth curve with all the new power conections required for irrigated dairy farm conversions alone. No dought the new City of Christchurch will need a bit as well .
    SCOTTY

A share price is neither cheap nor expensive until one takes into account the number of shares or more precisely the forecasted earnings per share, in other words the expected price to earnings ratio...considering also debt to equity ratio, book value, risk profile, etc.

e.g. just because this IPO is priced 'cheaper' than MRP does not mean that it better value. CJ - I'm surprised - given your guru status, I figured you would've been around long enough to know that.

BC
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat. View Post
    A share price is neither cheap nor expensive until one takes into account the number of shares or more precisely the forecasted earnings per share, in other words the expected price to earnings ratio...considering also debt to equity ratio, book value, risk profile, etc.

e.g. just because this IPO is priced 'cheaper' than MRP does not mean that it better value. CJ - I'm surprised - given your guru status, I figured you would've been around long enough to know that.

BC
    Thats not what I meant. I meant at the price cap of $1.60 compared to say $1.80 that instos may have to pay. The yeild at $1.60 is much higher than the other power cos or infrastrcutre cos, with the exception of Chorus.

Haven't looked at P/E. Will do that next.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

sorry CJ - I misunderstood your post.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Guru

The more I think about this and the more I see this advertised on tv I am starting to come to the conclusion that the govt is being rather irresponsible with the way it is offering these shares. Because at the end of the day they are asking moms and pops to get into leveraged equities and that game can be dangerous for the astute investor let alone a layman.

That said, I will be buying some as the potential discount and probable low price make this a bargain when compared to MRP.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    Demand for power even without Tiwai must be on a strong growth curve with all the new power conections required for irrigated dairy farm conversions alone. No dought the new City of Christchurch will need a bit as well .
    should be on a strong growth curve but currently appears stagnant and predicted to actually decline a little.
    I guess global warming and increased energy efficiency are reducing demand

NO - But I understand that is how they did it for people who did qccik flick properties. Each year, they get more money in the budget to pursue given the success they are having.
    Why do people who stag have to pay extra tax? NZ doesn't have a capital gain tax?

Quote Originally Posted by MrAT View Post
    Why do people who stag have to pay extra tax? NZ doesn't have a capital gain tax?
    Not counted as capital gains tax if your trading.
    Staggers = traders