sharetrader
Page 393 of 1942 FirstFirst ... 2933433833893903913923933943953963974034434938931393 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,930 of 19415

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Offcourse that is true,otherwise they will get hounded by the Beagles on ST..!!.
    And no one wants to hear them in full flight.!!
    Even worse after they have had a glass of A2 milk.
    Does not seem to agree with the neighbours.!
    P & P.[pitiful and painful]..lol.
    Looks like you had more liquor in your A2 milk last night than I did LOL
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    I don't see what is perplexing. Cold hearted really.
    A care suite admission implies ill health so shortened life span (you wouldn't be wanting a care suite if you still ran half marathons).
    Allowing them in at 65 will fill the beds while still allowing a reasonable turnover when they 'leave'.
    I guess that’s right Donny. These guys will be experts with respect to the statistics of ageing.

Sorry, I don't understand the cold hearted sentiment ? What am I missing ?
    Some people have strokes or any other number of debilitating health issues and often need help long before others.
    How is it cold hearted allowing those people who need help to move into a care suite earlier so they can get the help they need ?
    Are you suggesting there should be no age limit ?
    My understanding is the average age of entry is mid 8o's so isn't a 20 year variation around the average fair and reasonable ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-08-2019 at 01:43 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Sorry, I don't understand the cold hearted sentiment ? What am I missing ?
    Some people have strokes or any other number of debilitating health issues and often need help long before others.
    How is it cold hearted allowing those people who need help to move into a care suite earlier so they can get the help they need ?
    Are you suggesting there should be no age limit ?
    My understanding is the average age of entry is mid 8o's so isn't a 20 year variation around the average fair and reasonable ?
    I'm not saying that its not fair....they are running a business after all.
    But for me the "cold hearted" piece comes from the ages being set from a simple assessment of the numbers. And not based on peoples needs.
    As I said...they will be experts with respect to the statistics of ageing. That's great. I'm a shareholder.

Okay I see where you're coming from which is fair enough but my perspective is they are running a retirement village not a general medical facility for the public of any age so given the normal entry age to a care suite is mid 80's, setting a minimum of 65 seems quite reasonable. I think RYM are 70 or is it 75 now ?

Advanced Member

Okay I see where you're coming from which is fair enough but my perspective is they are running a retirement village not a general medical facility for the public of any age so given the normal entry age to a care suite is mid 80's, setting a minimum of 65 seems quite reasonable. I think RYM are 70 or is it 75 now ?
    I don't think anyone is disagreeing. I would have used "dispassionate" rather than "cold hearted". A little kinder.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I don't think anyone is disagreeing. I would have used "dispassionate" rather than "cold hearted". A little kinder.
    Words - whatever makes you feel better.
    The upshot is that the ages are set based on expected live span to enable the company to recycle the units.
    It's a business and they want to make money (for me the shareholder).

Shown elsewhere on their website but the industry leader RYM say their villages are designed for people 70+ and there is no mention of a lower age for care in an apartment so it would appear OCA are (as I suggested earlier in this thread) quite generous with their 65 year age limit on care suites.
    FWIW here's RYM's brochure on assisted living in independent apartments. https://issuu.com/rymanhealthcareltd...=sYWYyNzY3Nzgx
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-08-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Advanced Member

Shown elsewhere on their website but the industry leader RYM say their villages are designed for people 70+ and there is no mention of a lower age for care in an apartment so it would appear OCA are (as I suggested earlier in this thread) quite generous with their 65 year age limit on care suites.
    FWIW here's RYM's brochure on assisted living in independent apartments. https://issuu.com/rymanhealthcareltd...=sYWYyNzY3Nzgx
    Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Words - whatever makes you feel better.
    The upshot is that the ages are set based on expected live span to enable the company to recycle the units.
    It's a business and they want to make money (for me the shareholder).
    I don’t think there is any value in continuing this train of thought on here.

Greg T, another 500,000....just saying.