sharetrader
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Hi Beagle , the example you quote I believe is assuming Interest only . Most households will be on P&I. So the figures will be as follows . ( Still a good saving)
    $ 400 K , I/O 4.5 % Weekly payment $ 346.15 :2.5 % : $ 192.31 saving $ 153.84
    $ 400K , P&I 4.5 % weekly payment $ 467.39: 2.5 % : $ 364.53 saving $ 102.86
    Its also about the confidence/mindset of the homeowner. house price is rising, payments are dropping, i cant go overseas...

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    Boost spending and economy. They were considering it and last I heard was still on the table...
    Perhaps we've reached the stage where further borrowing - to distribute funds indiscriminately via "helicopter" - should be avoided?

Not so sure and as the Labor Govt is known for throwing money here there and everywhere. Economy is in precarious position. Chch City center is awfully quiet and needs foot traffic and people spending...There is still a large gap with spending that can't be replaces. International Visitors..

Advanced Member

Is anyone prepared to Speculate National "threw" the election, knowing the economy is precarious?

Anyone remember Winston's speech, 3 yrs ago, when the coalition was announced, that if the economy implodes, dont blame us?

Now we are 3 yrs on, risk level more elevated?

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Is anyone prepared to Speculate National "threw" the election, knowing the economy is precarious?

Anyone remember Winston's speech, 3 yrs ago, when the coalition was announced, that if the economy implodes, dont blame us?

That was just winny covering his ass. He was the first to say “the economy has gone great , thanks to us”.

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post

Considering almost 20 National Mps now need to consider their employment future I doubt they deliberately threw it.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    Considering almost 20 National Mps now need to consider their employment future I doubt they deliberately threw it.
    The reasoning being that if the economy does implode, Labour can take the rap, action some unpopular policies, a Nordmeyer Black Budget maybe, then National sweep back in on a landslide, without need for coalition, and those 20 plus more get their jobs back, if they want them.
    Last edited by Getty; 18-10-2020 at 01:59 PM.

Advanced Member

Agree, looks like worse than National expected, though not so bad when ACT is added in. Time to regroup and bring the ACT MPs up to speed.

Labour is now facing a tough and grinding 3 years. Ms Ardern has done her job, delivered Labour the victory and will have many pleasanter options available to her. Not so surprising if she moves on during the term.

Meantime, the unions will be gearing up for a big payday. Hopefully they will look at what employers will be doing to survive. Better pay and conditions for their members are grand until the automation takes over or the employers fold their tents. As far as this thread goes, I would be looking at sectors with relatively high union activity with a view to profit taking.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Agree, looks like worse than National expected, though not so bad when ACT is added in. Time to regroup and bring the ACT MPs up to speed.

Labour is now facing a tough and grinding 3 years. Ms Ardern has done her job, delivered Labour the victory and will have many pleasanter options available to her. Not so surprising if she moves on during the term.

Meantime, the unions will be gearing up for a big payday. Hopefully they will look at what employers will be doing to survive. Better pay and conditions for their members are grand until the automation takes over or the employers fold their tents. As far as this thread goes, I would be looking at sectors with relatively high union activity with a view to profit taking.
    Tough 3 yrs alright especially for small business but no worries for Cindy, she will follow Aunty Helen to the UN for a cushy number in due course.

Its also about the confidence/mindset of the homeowner. house price is rising, payments are dropping, i cant go overseas...
    Dead right mate. The wealth / feel good effect from national average house prices going up 16% is HUGE !!
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine