sharetrader
Page 36 of 120 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeka

IMO

Come on Pmdv, you need to back up a statement like that , it would be appreciated and give your comments some weight.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Come on Pmdv, you need to back up a statement like that , it would be appreciated and give your comments some weight.
    Ooops. Pmvd has deleted his two recent posts !!

Like the way you guys have bullied pmdv77 into deleting his post (though BP copied it) and probably never posting again.

Based on reading between the lines of the announcement Seeka what pmdv77 probably has some substance ...but you guys didn’t like what he (assuming male) said so got stuck into him big time. Talk about not having an open mind.

Wouldn’t it have been better to interact with pmdv77 in a friendly way and coax further information out of him ...he might have be a mine of info but you have now lost that opportunity to glean more.

I agree with pmdv11 ....Seeka at face value on current performance have paid over the odds for Aongatete but were obviously prepared to do so for ‘strategic reasons’ as part of the Heartland growth strategy.

No you can get stuck into me,
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

yea seeka overpaid thats why the price was down yesterday. based on pmnd77 statement 1m is committed long term either thru lease or contract the rest seeka must be fairly confident of retaining as usually smaller packhouse dont have many of there contracts longer than season to season. notice also seeka didnt mention any costs associated with redundacies etc as i imagine most of the Aongatete admin people or duplicate roles will get the boot.
    one step ahead of the herd

Dilettante

winner69, two people commented on the posts in question and politely asked for explanations of his/her statements. You call them bullies but its hardly bullying by any stretch of the imaginations ! Most threads on here have seen much more robust debates

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    winner69, two people commented on the posts in question and politely asked for explanations of his/her statements. You call them bullies but its hardly bullying by any stretch of the imaginations ! Most threads on here have seen much more robust debates
    OK bullies maybe not ....but pretty 'direct' comments from those two which has made him go away when we should have 'encouraged' him/her to tell us more
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    yea seeka overpaid thats why the price was down yesterday. based on pmnd77 statement 1m is committed long term either thru lease or contract the rest seeka must be fairly confident of retaining as usually smaller packhouse dont have many of there contracts longer than season to season. notice also seeka didnt mention any costs associated with redundacies etc as i imagine most of the Aongatete admin people or duplicate roles will get the boot.
    pmnd77's post used strong language to make a number of unsubstantiated claims and either (s)he or STMOD deleted it anyway. I suppose there is a reason for that. Not a good way to join a forum - and obviously not good as a reference.

If I look at Aongatete (https://www.coolstore.co.nz/who-we-are) than it appears they are much more than just a coolstore and offering quite similar services to Seeka (https://www.coolstore.co.nz/ourservices) including orchard management. Maybe Seeka just purchased an annoying competitor? Or maybe it was cheaper for them to buy an existing company including experienced local staff than to build up new facilities and / or expand their other facilities and compete for experienced staff in a tight labour market?

I can't remember people complaining when Synlait bought the North Island factory of a (potential) competitor. This was quite a deal, wasn't it?

Now - I don't know whether $25m they are paying is too much for the site and the buildings alone (anybody seen a valuation?), but Seeka gets as well experienced staff (and they emphasise this in their announcement), established business relationships and a strengthened market positon.

If people feel that they still paid too much than I would be more than happy to look at and discuss the facts.

If this turns however just into people living out their hidden agendas and grinding their axes, than maybe we should find a better way to spend our time.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    pmnd77's post used strong language to make a number of unsubstantiated claims and either (s)he or STMOD deleted it anyway. I suppose there is a reason for that. Not a good way to join a forum - and obviously not good as a reference.

If I look at Aongatete (https://www.coolstore.co.nz/who-we-are) than it appears they are much more than just a coolstore and offering quite similar services to Seeka (https://www.coolstore.co.nz/ourservices) including orchard management. Maybe Seeka just purchased an annoying competitor? Or maybe it was cheaper for them to buy an existing company including experienced local staff than to build up new facilities and / or expand their other facilities and compete for experienced staff in a tight labour market?

I can't remember people complaining when Synlait bought the North Island factory of a (potential) competitor. This was quite a deal, wasn't it?

Now - I don't know whether $25m they are paying is too much for the site and the buildings alone (anybody seen a valuation?), but Seeka gets as well experienced staff (and they emphasise this in their announcement), established business relationships and a strengthened market positon.

If people feel that they still paid too much than I would be more than happy to look at and discuss the facts.

If this turns however just into people living out their hidden agendas and grinding their axes, than maybe we should find a better way to spend our time.
    Aongatete is very small compared to seeka and eastpack which is the other big player( which merged with satara) in the bay of plenty area. they paid to much because as we said and that other person said and you should read in seeka announcement ( there estimated tray from aquisition ) the supply is not guaranteed only the 1m that other person implied.
    one step ahead of the herd

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    OK bullies maybe not ....but pretty 'direct' comments from those two which has made him go away when we should have 'encouraged' him/her to tell us more

S/he was encouraged w69 and chose to not back up. It would be great if PMV comes back with some more detail but it looks like it doesn't stand up atpit. I do not accept your muddy comments at all.Maybe someone PM'd Pmvd, who knows what.
    Disclose: not a shareholder atpit but was awhile back when i started this thread.

The issue with knowledge is understanding where the legalities sit in situations like this. I know the target company very well indeed (how else would I have the detail around tied in trays etc) but am not going to risk potential action against me especially with how quickly a number of people were quick to call BS on my statement...