Quote Originally Posted by Cricketfan View Post
I have some shares in ANZ which I bought last year, and have received one set of dividends. According to this page, franking credits were applied as well as inputation credits: http://www.shareholder.anz.com/pages/dividends

However on my Sharesight portfolio, it's showing $0.00 as the inputation credits for the dividend.

I'm now a bit confused as to what I have to do for tax purposes. Is Sharesight just not showing the correct info and therefore I claim the 10c per share in my personal tax return?

Also, given these shares were franked at 30% but the imputation credit is only about 11%, does that mean that NZ residents pay 19% more tax than an Aussie resident? Sorry, still new to all of this.
Assuming you are nz tax resident ou can take advantage of the 10 cent imputation credit in thi year tax return. Use all the numbers on the dividend notice you should have got in december

The different rates for au franking credits and nz imputation is that nz imputation credits can only be applied to earnings made in NZ. At least anz now run a nz imputation account so not 'double taxed' on nz earnings