sharetrader
Page 225 of 697 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 6963
    Dilettante

Not only Kiwibuild that is a disaster for the Housing Minister https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2019/01/2...of-1600-houses

How long before he will be pushed ?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Not only Kiwibuild that is a disaster for the Housing Minister https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2019/01/2...of-1600-houses

How long before he will be pushed ?
    Social housing register (households approved for taxpayer funded and subsidised housing) up 63% Sept 2107 to Sept 2018. Just under 10,000, and expected to be higher Dec 2018.

There is some sleight of hand with numbers. Late last year Housing NZ signed a lease arrangement with Wellington City Council for over 100 brand new Arlington apartments, and more such arrangements are in train.

What is not said publicly is that Wellington CC social housing does not get the very generous taxpayer income related rent subsidy but HNZ tenants do. Thanks taxpayers.

Also Housing NZ is likely to buy up Kiwibuild homes that don't sell.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Social housing register (households approved for taxpayer funded and subsidised housing) up 63% Sept 2107 to Sept 2018. Just under 10,000, and expected to be higher Dec 2018.

There is some sleight of hand with numbers. Late last year Housing NZ signed a lease arrangement with Wellington City Council for over 100 brand new Arlington apartments, and more such arrangements are in train.

What is not said publicly is that Wellington CC social housing does not get the very generous taxpayer income related rent subsidy but HNZ tenants do. Thanks taxpayers.

What a classic. So Kiwibuild will build houses for Housing NZ. LOL

Legend

Oh how I wish eZ was still with us. He was a laugh a minute at explaining Labour's dopiest moves.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Is this an actual issue or paranoia. Houses get burgled all the time and laptops are a prime target. The reasons for a jar of cash remaining on a shelf are pure speculation. Tyre tampering is also conjecture. Tyres deflate - notice the lack of specifics on remaining PSI. She just references the hyperbolic "dangerously low levels.

I'm at a bit of a loss on why she would expect freedom of speech in academia when the issue of Massey University shutting down Don Brash remains unresolved.
    Conspiracy theory could possibly indicate it is the CIA trying to discredit China

westerly

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Oh how I wish eZ was still with us. He was a laugh a minute at explaining Labour's dopiest moves.
    Rumours of my demise are over-exaggerated, FP. I've been moving house for a few months. Anyway, things are going so well for the Labour-Led govt, I don't need to say much.

We'll have to wait to see what was behind KiwiBuild's previous CEO being let go. He sounds like a BS artist to me.

Meanwhile what is the National Party doing about investigating the $100,000 donation that JLR mentioned? The one that was split up illegally to stay below the radar? The one where the donor, Zhang, inexplicably ended up on the honours list soon afterwards, under National's watch. Where he may, or is likely to have, strong connections to the CCP.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12196315

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Rumours of my demise are over-exaggerated, FP. I've been moving house for a few months.
    Did you pick up one of the unsold Kiwibuild huts?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Did you pick up one of the unsold Kiwibuild huts?
    There are plenty of two-storey huts being built in Hamilton and Auckland etc by the private sector, it's just they start at $800k, they all look the same and they're miles out of town. We didn't buy new, or build. Enough waste going on already, as the human impact on our planet runs it headlong into oblivion, don't you think?

KiwiBuild is at least a step in the right direction, it's more than National did in nine years. Give the policy some time. It will obviously have a lot to do with the social housing and land the govt already owns, and how that can be revamped at a lower cost than previously.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    There are plenty of two-storey huts being built in Hamilton and Auckland etc by the private sector, it's just they start at $800k, they all look the same and they're miles out of town. We didn't buy new, or build. Enough waste going on already, as the human impact on our planet runs it headlong into oblivion, don't you think?

KiwiBuild is at least a step in the right direction, it's more than National did in nine years. Give the policy some time. It will obviously have a lot to do with the social housing and land the govt already owns, and how that can be revamped at a lower cost than previously.
    Mate is working on a mixed private and Kiwibuild complex in Auckland. His opinion - Kiwibuild units meet code, just. Similar looking units, not Kiwibuild, exceed code sometimes significantly. That would impact sale price.

Plus Kiwibuild units come with some sort of financial floor for developers. Minimising risk and guaranteeing cash flow have value for developers, and is a good reason to poke some resources in that direction.

Legend

Mate is working on a mixed private and Kiwibuild complex in Auckland. His opinion - Kiwibuild units meet code, just. Similar looking units, not Kiwibuild, exceed code sometimes significantly. That would impact sale price.

Plus Kiwibuild units come with some sort of financial floor for developers. Minimising risk and guaranteeing cash flow have value for developers, and is a good reason to poke some resources in that direction.
    I agree, the idea of a known turnaround time must be good for spec home builders. Plus from the govt's point of view, the property sale recycles the cashflow to commission another. Surely it'll work.