sharetrader
Page 242 of 697 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Twyford is no good in any area - and you know it.
    What has he ever done to you ?

westerly

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post

westerly
    What has he done for anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    What has he done for anyone?
    More than you.

westerly

westerly
    I suppose you agree with my statement ?

But anyway - just remembering the "Chinese sounding names" sage. If incompetence would have a name, it would be his.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

westerly
    He's a complete drip with the power to hook into, and waste, large chunks from the govt. coffers, which I am forced to contribute a significant amount of my hard-earned money to. That's what he's done and continues to do to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I suppose you agree with my statement ?

But anyway - just remembering the "Chinese sounding names" sage. If incompetence would have a name, it would be his.
    Or how long does it take from the onehunga development to the train station. 6 minutes says Phil relying on a reputable source (might have been a taxi driver). 13 minutes closer to the mark. I guess some kudos though - this was one of his closest correct guesstimates. And lets not dwell on these Kiwibuild homes coming in at 39.2sqm when the minimum size banks would lend on was 40sqm

At least flying on planes doesn't require too many facts - except he didn't know he couldn't use his cell phone while in flight or climb on his seat while the aircraft was taxiing.

(so yes Westerly - I do concede he has done more than me cos I've never been fined by CAA)

IMO

Live: Govt rejects capital gains tax No consensus reached.

“The Tax Working Group was a valuable exercise that has delivered some useful suggestions well beyond just the debate on CGT, and I want to thank the Group for its work. In fact the majority of recommendations will either be investigated further or have formed part of our work programme.

“There are other things that can be done to improve the fairness of our tax system. As such the Coalition Government has agreed to tighten rules around land speculation and work on ways to counter land banking.

“Work will also continue to cut red tape for business and crack down on multi-nationals avoiding paying their fair share of tax in New Zealand. We have already made changes to address base erosion and profit shifting, and we will shortly release a discussion document on options for introducing a digital services tax.

“My job now is to focus on the things we can and are doing to improve the wellbeing of all New Zealanders.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 17-04-2019 at 01:34 PM.

IMO

Cullen had said in November that he believed it might be "last chance saloon" for a major change to broaden the tax base.
    "The problem we have is New Zealanders seem not to want an inheritance tax, or a wealth tax, or a land tax or a capital gains tax but they still want to complain about growing inequality of wealth.
    "Clearly that is a political position that has to be recognised, but it is not a satisfactory one," he said.

I guess thats totally dealt to National using the capital gains plank to try and get some traction back, stuck in the mud be they.

You must be disappointed JT

Thought of you when I read this -

@franhernanz
    Jacinda Ardern is our John Key - absolutely phenomenal and popular communicator unwilling to use their political gifts and capital to change New Zealand at a fundamental level. To think she could have been Savage but she chose to be Key.
    Last edited by winner69; 17-04-2019 at 01:59 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

What a totally pointless , useless and waste of time exercise that was. It was patently obvious from the outset there was zero appetite for a CGT.

This government is a disgrace!