sharetrader
Page 516 of 899 FirstFirst ... 16416466506512513514515516517518519520526566616 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,160 of 8983
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Try over 60% gain for HLG by buying when the panic was profound.

Go back to your postings around that time - you were basically shxtting in your pants. So thanks for the gloom!

I ❤️ It!

Only 60% ? -- I'm looking potentially at 300% + coming up shortly on US market using said strategy

9% Div here = 18% + in places up there, with things only just starting to go totally bonkers
    Last edited by nztx; 10-11-2020 at 07:05 PM. Reason: add more

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Only 60% ? -- I'm looking potentially at 300% + coming up shortly on US market using said strategy

9% Div here = 18% + in places up there, with things only just starting to go totally bonkers
    Good on you!

Well done!

Always pleased to see posters do very well.

Been a trying time so time to reap appropriate rewards. 👍

Banned

You guys like to see who's got the biggest one, it would be good to hear more about the not so good returns for a change.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    You guys like to see who's got the biggest one, it would be good to hear more about the not so good returns for a change.

SCY - Sold 50% a week or so before Receivership & then got left sucking the Kumara on the rest

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Good on you!

Well done!

Always pleased to see posters do very well.

Been a trying time so time to reap appropriate rewards. ��

Indeed - sniffing out potential undervalued up there is .. well uncharted territory & can be hit & miss

Don't get me wrong - HLG is & has been quite a star performer, for which I remain very grateful
    for the informative posts of the many on this forum contributing here
    Last edited by nztx; 10-11-2020 at 08:26 PM.

DFABPCLMB

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Morals matter in business. So if a business is lying, stretching the truth, manipulative, fibbing, fabricating, pulling the wool over our eyes, twisting, distorting, falsifying, misrepresenting the facts, evasive, scheming, conniving, deceitful, deceptive, a hypocrite, a cheat, a liar, a fraud, a hoax, a sham, a scam, two faced, it does matter to the general public. And reputation matters.
    So it's good to see that HLG abided by the rules and is none of those things. No morals or rules were broken, so there is nothing for HLG to repay. If this applies to other businesses, then I suggest you post that in the appropriate thread because it doesn't belong here.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    funny you might need to remove the hijab from your head to read the facts

YTD HLG is up 1.6% thats right the impressive amount of 1.6% lol if you trade it you may have done better than 1.6%

CNU is up 44% YTD so i am indeed feeling good.
    but how's the Div Yield looking between the two ?

that is even taking into account HLG's reduced deferred Interim due to Covid-19 ?

and taking into account CNU's promises of further shareholder joy in the future before the Telecoms
    Regulator waved their magic wand in between then and now ? ..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    So it's good to see that HLG abided by the rules and is none of those things. No morals or rules were broken, so there is nothing for HLG to repay. If this applies to other businesses, then I suggest you post that in the appropriate thread because it doesn't belong here.
    Well said & well written, Ferg.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    funny you might need to remove the hijab from your head to read the facts

YTD HLG is up 1.6% thats right the impressive amount of 1.6% lol if you trade it you may have done better than 1.6%

CNU is up 44% YTD so i am indeed feeling good.
    I bought HLG in November 2016 @ $2.93 per share. Dividends since then total $1.04 and current price $6.24 per share. So 'buy and hold' has given me a 249% return in 4 years. I see no compelling reason to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Robomo View Post
    I bought HLG in November 2016 @ $2.93 per share. Dividends since then total $1.04 and current price $6.24 per share. So 'buy and hold' has given me a 249% return in 4 years. I see no compelling reason to sell.
    Well said and you'll enjoy another 24 cent fully imputed dividend next month and another one in April 2021...that's a total of $1.52 in dividends in 4 1/2 years.
    What's the point in having money in the bank these days at less than 1% per annum before tax when you can get returns like that !!
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-11-2020 at 10:07 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine