sharetrader
Page 1411 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 411911131113611401140714081409141014111412141314141415 ... LastLast
Results 14,101 to 14,110 of 14173

I also canceled, might re-enable it when the rugby comes back although I'm sure many will turn to sailing the high seas instead.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Wiremu View Post
    I cancelled on news of the price increase for Sky Sports. Tried to do so online but the system would allow a cancellation so had to do it via chatbox.

The operator said that the online cancellation service had been overwhelmed with cancellations, this being the reason it wasn't available!
    yep I also cancelled today. Also couldnt do it online had to do it via chatbox. Didnt realise it was because so many people were cancelling.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I think SSN has been the way to go if you want sky sport for a while now.

Rather than pay $80+ a month for satellite by the time you add starter + sport + MySky fee you can pay about half that for just the sport content and you are only on the hook for a month at a time (cancel anytime and can all be done online).

And a lot of people agree with that given the high growth rate of SSN subs.

At the expense of high ARPU satellite subs though. Always a catch.
    Yup - cancelled my SSN yesterday. Already had cancelled NEON due to the price hikes. First time in a long while I haven’t had any sky service.

Guru

When our Sky Box blew up (during the WC quarter final ) when lived without it for 3 weeks before got a replacement that worked.

Seriously considering just moving to the SSN app.

Guru

Looks like from ST that there is at least 6 cancellations in the last 24 hours.....

I would suggest quite a large number given small sub-section of their subscribers.
    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 07-12-2023 at 11:51 AM.

I sent my set top box (MySky) back last week and cancelled Neon (had stuff my partner wanted to watch) as well, I've gone from paying over $120 a month for years to $50 to nothing. 28 years as a Sky customer and nothing positive to say about their service now. Only got sky originally as we can't get normal reception but streaming has changed all that, I just swap between streaming services and spend less than $30 a month to overseas suppliers. Sky's customer service is some of the worst I've experienced and the fact you can't leave SKY online using your login and have to ring to cancel is just archaic. On the positive side, I did make some good money on my SKY shares due to my own inexperience and following them down to the bargain basement cap raise but sold out months ago in the $2.60 range. I've learnt a lot from having SKY and Sky shares, but my time with SKY is over. Good luck to all holders, I hope you make your money before this dinosaur goes extinct.

Hi for anyone that does still want to keep Sky, I rang and asked if they could do better or I would be cancelling about a month ago. They took 30% off the total for 12 months but told me it was a one off....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Guild View Post
    Hi for anyone that does still want to keep Sky, I rang and asked if they could do better or I would be cancelling about a month ago. They took 30% off the total for 12 months but told me it was a one off....
    Do the same in 12 months time and you may get another “one off”…It sucks how third world price haggling has become more common in NZ.

Yeah unfortunately I resigned up for a year in May to neon and to be honest there hasn't been much on there. All the good hbo shows they don't stream.
    Then the movies they stream are exactly the sane on amazon prime which is cheaper.
    I said to my family a few months ago but I'm going back to downloading again after 12 year of not having too

Guru

Still no on market buyback announcements.

One would think the interested parties have come back for another attempt?

If that is the case then it is not a great look that Pooman bought shares on 15/11.