sharetrader
Page 273 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 1732232632692702712722732742752762772833233737731273 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 20199

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I found the exact opposite. Maybe you had a better seat on Jetstar, mine was close to the back.
    I've always found Jetstar seats to be very cramped for leg room and I'm only average height, a couple of years ago my wife's flight was seriously delayed because the pilot didn't turn up so they sat there looking at an empty plane for 3 hours until another pilot turned up, the one credit I've give them is they fly their planes pedal to the metal with a sizzling 40 mins from Wlg to Ak albeit with a tail wind.

Fact 1: Jethole's domestic A320's are 29 inch pitch seats which is internationally recognised as the tightest in the world
    http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Jet...irbus_A320.php

Fact 2 Air New Zealand's A320's are 30 -33 inch pitch seats
    http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air...rbus_A320D.php

Even in their tightest configuration at the back of an AIR A320 I could still walk off the flight as my knees had not been in excruciating pain like on the flight down on Jethole.
    A minimum of 1 inch difference in pitch makes all the difference in the world if your pelvis to knee measurement is 30 inches, ie. its not all about how tall you are its about your pelvis to kneecap measurement that really counts.

Jethole can keep their crappy old rattling sardine cans for the poor unfortunates who feel they are compelled to buy the cheapest seat regardless of service level's or comfort. Even my Mum who is 5ft 6 inches reckons Jethole seats are very small. In my experience the thrill of a bargain is forgotten the moment you step on board and the bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the flight as you struggle to walk from the pain in your knees.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-06-2015 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Current low fuel prices and interest rates are certainly boosting airline profits at the moment.

Over the years though even though airlines has always been a growth industry it generally shows a chronic lack of profitability. The problem has always been that capacity has always grown at rates that are unrelated to the underlying growth in demand.

These days there does seem to be more discipline in that respect, hence the current increase in load factors ......an additional boost to profits

When cyclical factors such as fuel prices and interest rates turn against airlines that discipline needs to remain.
    Only posted this last week. Wrong again

Xerof: So, what to do.....the AIR price will need to close above the 200EMA today, and close this mornings price gap at some point soon, otherwise she's off to the downside. The reef-fish are swimming right now, can see nothing wrong, and are underestimating a now established and proven competitor

I personally like $2.25 as a buy in level, (old resistance, now support) but then I'm just completely batty
    Hey Zerof. Love these gaps .....up and down.

The HNZ No More Gaps s taking a heck of a time to work out. What the theory/experience with filling gaps like the AIR one. Things 'gaping down' always seems worse than gaping up.

And it did close below the 200MA line as well. Suppose tomorrow a defining day as to where price is going over the medium term.

Intriguing and a bit spooky

PS just noticed that 22 you mentioned is about a FIB retracement level. I love Fibs
    Last edited by winner69; 18-06-2015 at 08:39 PM.

Tomorrow needs to be a "whoop whoop pull up" day

haven't got any charts with fibs on it, but $2.25 looks 61.8%. After a BAT reversal (which came in very nicely at my $3.00 prediction, right on cue), the initial target is 61.8%. After that, you won't want to know

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Tomorrow needs to be a "whoop whoop pull up" day

haven't got any charts with fibs on it, but $2.25 looks 61.8%. After a BAT reversal (which came in very nicely at my $3.00 prediction, right on cue), the initial target is 61.8%. After that, you won't want to know
    That's right ....many fib support levels below 225

The 50% retracement is about 194

That bat of yours, was it one of these enormous walking bats
    http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/nation...lking'-bat
    Last edited by winner69; 18-06-2015 at 09:08 PM.

Banned

That's right ....many fib support levels below 225

The 50% retracement is about 194
    Time to take up knitting winner your dreams are leading you toward the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Time to take up knitting winner your dreams are leading you toward the dark side.
    Next diagnosis will be I am going batty

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    You can't be a pussy all your life, I reckon you should man up and bag a real bargain.
    Last edited by Hoop; 18-06-2015 at 09:39 PM.

Next diagnosis will be I am going batty
    you are...I use that $1.75 major swing low to the top as my 100% fib, so we hit 50% today at $2.37. Next is $2.23, being 61.8%

using my trusty HP12C......

droll hoop, very droll