sharetrader
Page 100 of 733 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200600 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    God no, but I've been saying it since $6! I bought in at $5.50 (what seems like years ago) and got out for a quick profit because my father, who went through the dot.com bubble, warned me off it. Whoops! Ah well, ya live ya learn.

My hopes are pinned on SNK now.
    Showing your age there, Moosie. 8-) I remember the dot-com bubble when anything Internet related, that had a glossy idea behind it, was traded at crazy-money prices. Many of these ideas had no remotely sound business model which differs from that of SOME of the latest IT offerings to investors, namely SAAS. So understand how people may see similarities but there are differences enough too. Your Dad obviously didn't see these.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    No, he was looking at fundamentals and just seeing "ticking time-bomb" written all over it with the market cap and negative earnings growth.

I'm turning 27 this weekend. I remember my father never sleeping at night, constantly checking his stocks and coming home stressed all the time. He developed diabetes around that time and it all facilitated our move over to NZ as he could not take the rat race anymore (was an IT manager at a large insurance company in Toronto).

So, I am hoping to hop in where he left off. Maybe it will be "different" this time... (talking about SNK, not XRO)

Yes, if you look at pure fundamentals Xero would never meet his comfort levels. Had an experienced trader-friend stay clear of my recommendation at Xero at $4 'cause it didn't fit his modelling. DIL at $7 is still undervalued, imho.
    All best with SNK ... I'm in there with you. 8-)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    12 years ago, so hard to remember. I think I sold out at $4.50, might have bought in at a dollar in the initial offering, or not long after it.

Went into receivership in the end. Got caught up in that WorldExchange saga in the USA (was a huge scam of some kind)
    here you go , bit of history....

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/a...e-joneses.html

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    Will have a look now.

Got a meeting and back in an hour or so, if someone else hasnt already I will try and summarise Drury's comments. On first glances though it just looks like Drury taking the chance to bag MYOB again.
    When you have enough time it would very nice if you could summarise Drury's comments.

Sorry about that, I got busy then forgot. Like I said though IMO it was Drury doing the usual thing, taking the chance to talk up Xero while at the same time putting down MYOB.
    I appreciate the summary. I hope you have a good day.

An entry on the Xero Blog from a few days ago. No numbers or anything and obviously self serving but an interesting summary of the countries that Xero is active in outside their four main markets. It seems to me that getting a million customers should be relatively easy given the size of the world SME market and Xeros approach of getting accountants to evangelise the product.

Not sure what percentage of the world sme market 1 million is but it must be pretty small?

Dics: I hold shares. That should be obvious I guess since I keep saying it.

its so damn crazy thats it feels like its starting to lose its risk. but I just cant bring myself to do it and buy for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by tosspot View Post
    its so damn crazy thats it feels like its starting to lose its risk. but I just cant bring myself to do it and buy for some reason
    Don't become the "bigger fool".

Quote Originally Posted by tosspot View Post
    I know how you feel. I am starting to regret now selling a big clump in the $11's. But I can't make myself buy back in. I will just let the rest go to its conclusion...whatever that may be.

Its a weird feeling when you sell something but the next day the remaining portfolio has increased to the same value...

Always think it prudent to remind readers that these comments were made during the run up to $4, again during the run up to $5.70, to $7.70, to $11 and now to $13.50
    Okay, I rephrase that then... Don't become the "biggest fool"