sharetrader
Page 58 of 89 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
    Do you have some idea whether the upgraded plants will be much cheaper to run (like replacing my ancient Honda with a plug-in hybrid last year), or just necessary capex to replace machinery on its last legs?
    And if most the the processing sites are almost up to scratch now, or a lot of obsolete equipment remains in place?
    I haven't seen any details of the CapEx in recent years, apart from what has come out in newsletters/media etc. While it is a bigger amount than the dividend, I don't recall seeing anything detailed in any (Coop) annual reports.

Expect that some is replacing ageing infrastructure/equipment, with no or little additional benefit to it. Eg replacing coal boilers with more eco-friendly options. There are some subsidies to assist, and bit of feel good news, but unsure on the cost benefit/return.

Their plants are a mix, some are relatively new or gone through modernisation in recent years (eg Te Aroha burnt down and brand new plant built about 8-9 years ago, or Takapau which had a big spend a number of years ago) and some that are old, historic sites like Belfast, Pareora and Finegand which are 100+ years old. Some old structures, but sub-structures have been modernised through the years.

Going back in time, prior to Shanghai Maling, would say that not much was spent on CapEx, and when the debt noose was lifted, then there would have been some catch-up from the years where they probably spent little. That should be well past now, as been about 6 years now?

Would expect there would be more mechanisation/labour saving/energy saving - as not just for the cost of labour, but just can't get labour in many areas. Also expect would be a portion geared towards H&S.

Long way of saying I don't know!! Expect that does go through a reasonable amount of rigour, although they have spent a bit on HQ I hear, to accomodate the growing team.....
    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 05-04-2022 at 10:32 AM.

Guru

Simon Limmer briefly from around 40 min mark

The Country Full Show: Monday, April 4, 2022 - NZ Herald
    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 05-04-2022 at 12:11 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Simon Limmer briefly from around 40 min mark

The Country Full Show: Monday, April 4, 2022 - NZ Herald
    An exceptional leader.

Guru

Bidder now at $1.65.
    Been taken out.

Still only $2.20 on the offer......I have a feeling it might not be immediate, but will get there one day in the not too too distant future......

percy

Been taken out.

Still only $2.20 on the offer......I have a feeling it might not be immediate, but will get there one day in the not too too distant future......
    5,000 still on the buy side at $1.65.
    29,000 wanted at $1.60

[disc] Wife is one of the buyers at $1.60.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    5,000 still on the buy side at $1.65.
    29,000 wanted at $1.60

[disc] Wife is one of the buyers at $1.60
    It might be time for a little marital chat to point out to her the real worth of these shares

Guru

Decent volumes in the last day or so at $1.67, last cleaned out this morning.

New seller at $1.80.....

Guru

Decent volumes in the last day or so at $1.67, last cleaned out this morning.

New seller at $1.80.....
    $1.67 cleaned out again first thing Monday morning. Back to $1.80 on offer.

What are we going to see this week? Surely no one going to put more out at $1.67?? Doesn't go ex-div until 22nd of April.

Dilettante

I think Percy's wife's offer is starting to look a bit cheeky now and should be raised
    Last edited by iceman; 11-04-2022 at 10:57 AM.

Dilettante

We have the first nibble at $ 1.80