sharetrader
Page 51 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeka

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    i just ditched the last of my shares , not worth holding a highly valued no dividend stock in my opinion. might buy again at cheaper levels
    Fair enough. I will hold them and see how they track along over the next year or two. They are doing some major restructuring of their balance sheet with the divestments and leasebacks after getting a bit ahead of themselves in buying growth. They also need to start showing some returns from Australia to show us that was a wortwhile investment

I am not very impressed with SEK packing "only" 31M trays this season, albeit much higher portion of it Gold than previously, during a season that is being reported as a record season.
    Maybe SEK is having some teething problems with all the new orchards and all that goes with it !?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Fair enough. I will hold them and see how they track along over the next year or two. They are doing some major restructuring of their balance sheet with the divestments and leasebacks after getting a bit ahead of themselves in buying growth. They also need to start showing some returns from Australia to show us that was a wortwhile investment

I am not very impressed with SEK packing "only" 31M trays this season, albeit much higher portion of it Gold than previously, during a season that is being reported as a record season.
    Maybe SEK is having some teething problems with all the new orchards and all that goes with it !?
    they must be having operational issues , cost blow outs and volumes are well down , so some of there orchards must not be performing very well. the aus operations have not performed at all yet.
    So its no good buying all the growth if you cannot get the purchased assets to perform. AS we know now it only leads to no dividend being paid
    one step ahead of the herd

And yet guidance remains in place.
    But cancelling of div suggests it might be at the lower end which would mean negative growth as high as (-) 10%
    So yeh PE gets expensive but if there is no covid by next season then growth could be restored. especially if the programme of divestments is completed.
    afaik that is tracking okay.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

No , From a K fruit supplier to SEK, they are conserving funds to pay down debt after purchasing Turners northland operations last year, yes disappointing that they did not pay a div as they could have afforded a small one but could pay one later on during the year once their debt is paired back to more prudent levels.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    No , From a K fruit supplier to SEK, they are conserving funds to pay down debt after purchasing Turners northland operations last year, yes disappointing that they did not pay a div as they could have afforded a small one but could pay one later on during the year once their debt is paired back to more prudent levels.
    which means its a non income stock with small growth at the moment that trades at expensive multiples

250k trade at 3.93 in seeka today. someone ( grower ? ) selling out

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    250k trade at 3.93 in seeka today. someone ( grower ? ) selling out
    That is an unusually large trade for SEK. Someone is keen to get out as you pointed out, but clearly someone is equally keen to get in !

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    That is an unusually large trade for SEK. Someone is keen to get out as you pointed out, but clearly someone is equally keen to get in !
    looks like the seller was right , hitting new lows 3.90 on this run down. looks like it wants to test the covid lows just under 3.60 ?

Zespri worried about extent of illegal NZ gold fruit growing in China

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12357647

Advanced Member

The same thing will be happening with our premium apple varieties.
    As various trade delegations, pickers, call them what you like, go through Hawkes Bay orchards, many a cut twig is 'removed' for an overseas trip.
    Must be revenge for NZ taking the Chinese gooseberry.

Dr JPG.

Eating an APPLE a day will make you sick.
    TRY a MICROSOFT instead.