sharetrader
Page 82 of 234 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast

Thread: RAK Rakon

Doing the opposite of AMP is an old Ron Brierley trick.

In my experience, it has usually been profitable.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger_Danger View Post
    Doing the opposite of AMP is an old Ron Brierley trick.

In my experience, it has usually been profitable.
    AMP Capital make all their investment decisions out of Sydney nowadays so doubt they have that much special knowledge about NZ companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    AMP Capital make all their investment decisions out of Sydney nowadays so doubt they have that much special knowledge about NZ companies.
    In the context of managing billions of dollars, Rakon is but a little minnow and classified officially now as a non-performing bad investment for AMP.

So out it goes which means there's 9m more shares to be sold.

Even if you believe in Rakon, that's a tsunami of shares to stand up to!

My pick is that Rakon will bottom out at around 30 cents.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    holy smoke!!!!! finally a fundamentel and sound business decision out from RAK that does not focus just on R&D and the Robinson's ego. Looks like the new indepedent directors are doing there job.

Only problem is now we have to wait for RAK traditional crappy announcement soon after a positive one.
    The market likes it too...45c up 4 (+9.8%)

China economy is slowing down, production cost is going up, more and more foreign manufacturing plants are moving out of china,as I said before rakon built factory in china at wrong time, even their china partner TimeMarker don’t want put more money in the new china plant, cut nz staff and shift some of production to china make sense, but can’t save this sinking boat.
    Last edited by Master98; 06-11-2012 at 11:31 AM.

It is a bloody disaster. I've sold out all my holdings with a big loss. Should have acted quickly years ago. They keep boasting they are the market leader. I think that is just down straight lie!

Money Manager

Hey Sparky, you win. My face is pretty smashed on this one. I wish I could say I only lost 6% on this one but I lost more than that. I got out last week at the worst possible time... right after the announcement that AMP still had 9 million shares to sell and obviously doesn't give a damn what price they get out at.

Right now I'm in cash only looking to weather the coming nz recession.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by mknz View Post
    Hey Sparky, you win. My face is pretty smashed on this one. I wish I could say I only lost 6% on this one but I lost more than that. I got out last week at the worst possible time... right after the announcement that AMP still had 9 million shares to sell and obviously doesn't give a damn what price they get out at.

Right now I'm in cash only looking to weather the coming nz recession.
    Its a shame your "huge amount of homework on this one" didn't produce as you expected. Hope you didn't use the same methodology predicting the "coming nz recession" :0

@ mknz, good on you for being honest! Just sorry you lost on this, but you are not, nor will be, the only one.

@ The Bowman, sorry for your loss too. Guess you have woken up to what others have been saying, same old rhetoric ad nauseum.

I had a bit of correspondence with a couple in the hierarchy of RAK over the last 18 months, the last of which convinced me to get out at a massive loss. The tenor of the last correspondence was agreement with a very disappointing sp, and all about blaming on Europe, FX, etc. And acknowledgement of disappointing results and need to improve... And of course the blurb about them being successful establishing strong positions in several key markets and gaining a very strong platform to grow the business revenue and earnings.

Same old, same old.

The latter was dated back in December last year, since which time the writer has left RAK.

The Robinsons, at least, continue to do well:

http://http://m.nbr.co.nz/article/ro...bled-wb-121843

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    In the context of managing billions of dollars, Rakon is but a little minnow and classified officially now as a non-performing bad investment for AMP.

So out it goes which means there's 9m more shares to be sold.

Even if you believe in Rakon, that's a tsunami of shares to stand up to!

My pick is that Rakon will bottom out at around 30 cents.
    Today's results will reinforce AMP's decision to sell down the rest of its 9m Rakon shares in a big hurry.

"Stand aside" is the recommendation I just received from a broker.