sharetrader

Just an observation over the years that share prices often go up by about what dividend is announced

why it doesn’t seem to be rationale...but nothing is really rationale on the share market.

Saying a divie was priced in just an assumption (not proved either way) .....isn’t it?
    Last edited by winner69; 19-02-2020 at 01:38 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Saying a divie was priced in just an assumption (not proved either way) .....isn’t it?
    Sure - I assumed that the majority of market participants are at least informed about the dividend history of the company and are using their brains at least for simple linear extrapolations ... but hey, you are right - this is only an assumption and I well might be wrong ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Just an observation over the years that share prices often go up by about what dividend is announced

why it doesn’t seem to be rationale...but nothing is really rationale on the share market.

A 28.57% increase from 3.5cps to 4.5cps was a huge increase.
    Expect they are softening us up for a big cash issue to buy UDC.???...lol.
    Last edited by percy; 19-02-2020 at 01:52 PM.

If at the end of a Holden Finance lease the residual value is greater than the market value you are on to a winner as you have transfered some of the vehicle depreciation cost to Heartland.

They won't like that, expect them to strictly interpret the wear and tear claueses in the lease contract when the vehicle is handed back to them.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Last edited by Marilyn Munroe; 19-02-2020 at 02:08 PM. Reason: spelling
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Most of those lease to own type schemes that I have seen use very conservative residual value assumptions. I think you might be making a bit too much of a meal of this but please keep it up as I would like to buy more HGH shares at $1.85
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    A 28.57% increase from 3.5cps to 4.5cps was a huge increase.
    Expect they are softening us up for a big cash issue to buy UDC.???...lol.
    Craigs say....” Rather than an increase in the total dividend, we have assumed this higher than expected interim reflects a shift towards more balance between the interim/final. ”

Hope they are wrong.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Craigs say....” Rather than an increase in the total dividend, we have assumed this higher than expected interim reflects a shift towards more balance between the interim/final. ”

Hope they are wrong.
    I think they are right.

Update this after each profit announcement

Getting into over priced region?

Beagle wants to buy more so I'd say the market has reacted to the lack of earnings growth for the next six months and will rereate HGH down to more realistic levels

But then again if you think that 189 is a fair price today such an analysis (quite common approach) is a load of **** and ignore it for what its worth (nothing)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winner69; 19-02-2020 at 04:33 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Why should SP go up (other than by the one cent by which they increased the divie)?
    ROE improving 11.7% on 1H2019 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    If at the end of a Holden Finance lease the residual value is greater than the market value you are on to a winner as you have transfered some of the vehicle depreciation cost to Heartland.

They won't like that, expect them to strictly interpret the wear and tear claueses in the lease contract when the vehicle is handed back to them.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    I think you'll find that in a Finance lease any shortfall between the residual value and the price obtained in sale is to the account of the lessee not the financier. Different story if its an operating lease but Heartland is highly unlikely to be doing those.