sharetrader
Page 56 of 116 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubicon

Quote Originally Posted by Well Endowed View Post
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=12000666

$180m towards trees, aiming for 55m trees this year (of a total of 1b to be planted)
    Have I got this right? Labour promised to plant 1 billion trees. Half of those trees are going to be planted by commercial operators as part of their established planting programme.

So labour are going to actually plant 1/2b trees. Now I have no idea how much it costs to plant a tree. But i'd have thought you wouldn't get any change out of $1 a tree to plant and establish. So half a billion trees = half a billion dollars.

And then a few years in, while busy planting, you have the first prune at what $0.50 a tree. So there another $1/4b

So by my reckoning Labour is looking at planting 120m trees for $180m. Lets call it 1/10th of theri promise

Long Member

my understanding is its planned along these lines, peaking from 2021 onwards at 110m/year.

2018 55m
    2019 70m
    2020 90m
    2021 110m

The problem with this is that it relies on the Labour govt winning multiple terms, and as pointed out, there will come a point when these will be nearing a harvestable age and additional will be planted. Personally I think its classic labour voting winning pie in the sky tactics, and you're quitecorrect that $180m won't cover much. But happy ( only as a Rubicon holder) that there is at least focus in this area.

Advanced Member

Article here regarding Arbogen partnering up with the sOUTH Carolina forestry commision

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ission-Operate

Annual Shareholders' Meeting tomorrow morning .......... is there any way we can watch online?

Long Member

is anyone heading along?

Quote Originally Posted by Well Endowed View Post
    is anyone heading along?
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/315147

Plenty to read here from the meeting.

Excerpt :

"After their valuation experts took a detailed look at the transaction, KPMG concurred that we had made, what the accountants like to call, a ‘bargain purchase
    price gain’, and they concluded that the value of the identifiable assets and liabilities we acquired with ArborGen implied a book value of US$124 million for 100% [net of debt]. That is what we are now
    carrying ArborGen at in our books. That asset value today, inclusive of cash at Rubicon, implies a RBC share price of circa NZ40cps –i.e. almost twice the current share price."

Several big positives with the company in the last year:

1. Stock overhang out of the way. Still a few loose volume sellers as we saw recently but the stock (4m in total) was put away at 20c and 20.5c.

2. RBC is completely debt free.

3. Aborgen is cashflow and operating earnings positive.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/315147

Plenty to read here from the meeting.

Excerpt :

"After their valuation experts took a detailed look at the transaction, KPMG concurred that we had made, what the accountants like to call, a ‘bargain purchase
    price gain’, and they concluded that the value of the identifiable assets and liabilities we acquired with ArborGen implied a book value of US$124 million for 100% [net of debt]. That is what we are now
    carrying ArborGen at in our books. That asset value today, inclusive of cash at Rubicon, implies a RBC share price of circa NZ40cps –i.e. almost twice the current share price."

Several big positives with the company in the last year:

1. Stock overhang out of the way. Still a few loose volume sellers as we saw recently but the stock (4m in total) was put away at 20c and 20.5c.

2. RBC is completely debt free.

3. Aborgen is cashflow and operating earnings positive.
    Yes the reports are good reading and sounds like they are finally getting their house in order. EBIDTA current fiscal year estimated to be US$10M and a "further noticeable lift in earnings" for 2019.
    May be time to top up a few more soon.

24c being cleaned out, albeit on low volume

percy

"Book value NZ 40 cents ps.If we can deliver on the upside scenarios discussed in our annual review,then the outcomes would be of multiples of that again.And in that respect,the critical point is that,now that we own 100% of AborGen,the outcome is ALL within our control."

Brought a few at 24 cents this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    "Book value NZ 40 cents ps.If we can deliver on the upside scenarios discussed in our annual review,then the outcomes would be of multiples of that again.And in that respect,the critical point is that,now that we own 100% of AborGen,the outcome is ALL within our control."

Brought a few at 24 cents this morning.
    Those with Tenon shares will recall Luke Moriarty making similar comments when the share price of Tenon was under $1.00. I did not invest until around $1.20 (just to be sure) and must say I am grateful for the market's negativity at that time.

percy

Balance.
    They refer to their Annual Review.I can't find it on NZX or www.stocknessmonster.com sites.
    Do you know what date it was announced?
    Most probably under a different name.
    Last edited by percy; 06-03-2018 at 12:21 PM.