sharetrader
    Guru

It is a small issue that will affect the financial loss, but not revenue or any other key indicators for PEB (I think). Investor confidence shouldn't be dented, I doubt they will 'try' anything again, and it seemed to me more of a mistake than purposely trying to mislead the market/everyone. Results are just 48 hours away! (approx)

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    So what Im getting here is Wolf says PEB is overvalued and the market cap is simply held up by supportive shareholders and Carpenter J is saying he is on board for the potential--so the logical question would be are we talking about the potential to actually produce sales or to simply keep hold of supportive shareholders.

And others are discounting the fact that PEB has been fined(an unusual situation) because the people who commented on it drove a particular type of car

However you look at it that squeeky clean image has just taken a hit---It has to be either incompetence or intention to decieve--not much room for anything else

Obviously wont affect the results though except the financial loss of half a mil---but it could affect investor confidence

Never thought the payday for some investors would come in that form!
    How about a hiccup. ODT

Guru

OK a mistake or hiccup--(like the bungled announcements a while back)--Are you SURE these guys are up to it in the real world?

Of course .all will be forgotten if great numbers come through--(but Im guessing they will still need room for shareholders interpretation of success)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    It is a small issue that will affect the financial loss, but not revenue or any other key indicators for PEB (I think). Investor confidence shouldn't be dented, I doubt they will 'try' anything again, and it seemed to me more of a mistake than purposely trying to mislead the market/everyone. Results are just 48 hours away! (approx)
    'try' and mistake are 2 different things---$500,000 says its was a 'try' rather than mistake---It makes it just a bit harder for some to get all offended when people question ethics like the famous 10s of thousands of tests.

before you say it--just remember they brought this on themselves(and there aint much to talk about till thurs)

Secondary article in the Dom Post business section. Ouch.
    Haven't seen PEB in there in a long time, and this is the first we see - unfortunate.

Hopefully we'll see another, more positive one, soon.

Guru

I think investor confidence will hold simply because the results are the big game in town--it may have an affect after, if results are mediocre (in terms of a combination of factors)

AWOL

Sounds like a damned if you do and damned if you dont situation. PEB got backed into a corner by not having the permission of the other parties involved to release what would be sensitive information as they do in the states. The delay in obtaining this permission put them in contravention of the NZX rules of disclosure. So what do we risk; long, tortuous and expensive litigation and loss of contract in the States or a slap around the ears from NZX.

Good choice.

Hic

They seem to forget that there is such a thing as a Trading Halt....come on lads, appoint a couple of hard bastards with some commercial nous onto the board, so these basic requirements don't trip you up all the time. (Preferably someone who drives a Lambo)
    Last edited by Xerof; 26-05-2015 at 10:19 AM.

I'm simply looking for a return on my investment.
    Have you taken a look at any of the other 100 bio's on the asx?
    PEB has potential but don't cut yourself short by not looking around.

So, PEB had about $20m in cash at 31/3/2014......$14.7m at 30/9/2014 (down $6m in 6 months) and today they have about $12m in cash (down about another $2.5m in 8 months)...

Seems like the burn is slowing down as one would expect (especially with the new staff etc)