sharetrader
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

I have 2 australian companies IEL.ASX and OTW.ASW who will only pay dividends via an Australian Bank Account. Looking on the Link site they have no reinvestment plans and no Cheque options. Anyone else have this issue. Do I just write the dividends off?

Guru

Ask for cash. That will p*** them off and they might play ball.

Do you know anyone with a bank account in Australia?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Ask for cash. That will p*** them off and they might play ball.

Do you know anyone with a bank account in Australia?
    Yeah I should do that. I dont know if this has anything to do with it but my Australian holdings lodged with Computershare all have dividend reinvestment plans and option of cheques yet the two on Link services AU give you the option of Australian bank only. I will have to go back and look at their announcements .

How do you register a NZ bank account on Link Market Services Australia? I only see Australian bank in the dropdown:

a.png

A simple option now is to apply for a TransferWise debit Mastercard. They provide you with a local bank account number in each currency you add to your account. You can then convert your Australian dollars to New Zealand dollars for a 0.49% fee on the mid-market exchange rate. Way better than any bank offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    A simple option now is to apply for a TransferWise debit Mastercard. They provide you with a local bank account number in each currency you add to your account. You can then convert your Australian dollars to New Zealand dollars for a 0.49% fee on the mid-market exchange rate. Way better than any bank offers.
    Cool, didn't know about that. I take it once you have money in NZD, you can transfer it to a regular bank account? Or do you have to spend it via purchase transactions?

Advanced Member

Kiwibank will not even cash low value aussie cheques anymore. From next year they will not process any cheques apparently, at least that is what the cashier told me yesterday

percy

No answers sorry.
    I take DRP when avaliable with Australian companies.
    Those that still pay by cheque I deposit with my broker Craigs, who bank it in my Australian cash management account.
    Those who neither have DRP or pay by cheque, I have huge problems with.I give the share registry my Westpac bank account number together with Swift letters and numbers [WPACNZ2W].Always a lot of hassle and takes numerous phone calls and emails.Once I have received the funds into my bank a/c,usually a month, I then sell those shares, as I can't be bothered going through it again.
    Last edited by percy; 10-09-2019 at 06:44 AM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketfan View Post
    Cool, didn't know about that. I take it once you have money in NZD, you can transfer it to a regular bank account? Or do you have to spend it via purchase transactions?

Have a look here: https://transferwise.com/gb/borderless/

possibly paying particular attention to:
    https://transferwise.com/help/17/bor...erless-account

and

https://transferwise.com/price-chang...erless-convert

Disc: Starting using Transferwise after discovering them via Sharetrader but not signed up for borderless yet.
    om mani peme hum

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Kiwibank will not even cash low value aussie cheques anymore. From next year they will not process any cheques apparently, at least that is what the cashier told me yesterday
    That's correct from Feb next year Kiwibank are dead to all cheques no matter their origin.