sharetrader
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Napier Port IPO

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    The apple industry from memory will grow around 15% per annum for Hawkes Bay, that is if they will not plant any new trees. We all know that new trees are being planted all the time, with a new huge farm changing from livestock to apples and vineyards getting vines removed and replaced with apples. I am picking within the next 5 years apples will easily double in quantity if not treble. The only thing I cannot understand is where is the labour coming from to collect all these apples. This year we have seen a huge amount of apples left on the trees, due to maturity issues and an undersupply of pickers. The majority of orchardists blamed the government stopping overseas pickers coming in to collect the fruit.
    Yet the number of people on a benefit related to employment has increased....

IMO

Not so sure about logs, the way prices are going and A massive supply from Russia now through a new railway corridor to China could mean the trees are just left to grow until prices improve again.how long its going to take, who knows.Could be tough times ahead for forest owners and all the infrastructure, truckers etc that go with it

Yep growers will be competing for labour and the higher value crops will win! That’s the thing about POT they have kiwi fruit and diary also, just a few more strings to their bow.... I’m pretty sure most NZ timber that goes to China is used for paper, thus low value timber.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Not so sure about logs, the way prices are going and A massive supply from Russia now through a new railway corridor to China could mean the trees are just left to grow until prices improve again.how long its going to take, who knows.Could be tough times ahead for forest owners and all the infrastructure, truckers etc that go with it
    Thanks to snapiti of another forum. Despicable your post implies claiming this insight for yourself.

IMO

You can be a reactive person yet again again but maybe look at the divisive situation that has happened here.
    Ive chosen to amalgamate to an extent and think of the two sites as one but only share on one . I am not a traitor to this site which has been fantastic over many years as a vehicle for sharing to me and many hundreds of others.. I will share any info i get from anywhere if i think its pertinent and helpful to others. Sometimes i put links up and credits for information IF i have read it no where else. .

Pretty well everything i share ive read or seen or spoken to other people about. I guess like art, sharing information is theft. Ask yourself why you have such over reactions to things and you will find a growth edge for yourself and become a less volcanic person and more accepting and loving of the skin you are in. Best wishes there.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 21-07-2019 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Have removed one word which i agree was a bit derogatory.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky-bobby View Post
    Yep growers will be competing for labour and the higher value crops will win! That’s the thing about POT they have kiwi fruit and diary also, just a few more strings to their bow.... I’m pretty sure most NZ timber that goes to China is used for paper, thus low value timber.
    Plagiriser to boot. At uni the penalty for that offence was fail the course. Looks like you fail JT.

JT - time to install that update that’s ready methinks
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

Thanks will keep sharing anything that may be worthwhile be it from here , H/C, friends, F/P ,paper, video, tv, thats what makes this place work sharing without it whats the point, hopefully more givers then takers here.
    Updating all the time and like your good self w69, sharing.

Black cap you need to take spelling lessons and be more positive and maybe be in the now .

IMO

9/7/19
    Log price slump catches industry unawares | Stuff.co.nz To all the plaglarisers out there and hi snaps hope you and familiars are all well.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 20-07-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Thanks to snapiti of another forum. Despicable your post implies claiming this insight for yourself.
    He's entitled to have the same view as others. What nonsense. What's somewhat despicable is Gaynors Herald article pushing his book yet again and suggesting in pretty certain terms that this Napier Port float is another POT. They arent in the same street sorry.