sharetrader

Threaded View

At the risk of embarrassing myself/looking like an idiot ... I currently hold:

KFL - my largest holding as I purchased these in 2016.
    BRM
    MLN
    HGH
    USF
    BLT (yes, I know I shouldn’t have, but I did anyway - my only “take a chance” highly speculative holding, which I won’t be adding to for now)

Total portfolio value is just under $5000. Not planning to buy anything new now. Focusing on building on what I have for now. And before the anti-Fisher/Carmel brigade get onboard - yep, I know their fees are high, but their dividend frequency and DRP have been awesome for me. I have not purchased any new shares in KFL since I bought them (although I did exercise warrants last year), but my holding has increased considerably simply because of DRP. It is a very good way for small investors to increase their holdings without spending any further capital.

I use Sharesight to monitor everything in one place - the 19% is their return (most of that return is KFL for obvious reasons)

Feel free to rip it to shreds
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    No worries .

Investing regularly is a good bit of discipline and no amount is to small.
    So that $2080 per year is being invested in what? (sorry if you have already said somewhere) Index funds or individual shares?
    Is the 19% your calculation or sharesies?

Not sure that you need to do a major in adding up to read the accounts.
    I doubt most people read the small print but you should learn the basics of P&L, Comprehensive Income, the Balance Sheet and the Cash Flow Statement.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 13-01-2020 at 08:04 PM.