sharetrader

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Hybrid View

Veteran novice

Plenty of reasons for Z's profit fall, as outlined in the CEO's briefing. The one that could/should have been managed by the company was the drop in market share, especially in petrol. Perhaps the switch in supermarket affiliation to Foodstuffs from Countdown isn't a big success with customers despite the significant sales of fuel to the former.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Plenty of reasons for Z's profit fall, as outlined in the CEO's briefing. The one that could/should have been managed by the company was the drop in market share, especially in petrol. Perhaps the switch in supermarket affiliation to Foodstuffs from Countdown isn't a big success with customers despite the significant sales of fuel to the former.
    Yeh thats the one that got me changing...

I'm really having a gutsful of loyalty marketing and plastic cards from retailers and hookups between petrol, supermarket etc
    So its quite possible others are too.

'Waitomo' are making small inroads as well.
    Does everyone use the app 'Gaspy' to find cheapest petrol?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Yeh thats the one that got me changing...

I'm really having a gutsful of loyalty marketing and plastic cards from retailers and hookups between petrol, supermarket etc
    So its quite possible others are too.

'Waitomo' are making small inroads as well.
    In Z’s case it’s the manipulation of prices using these loyalty things that could get them into trouble

How often have they had a price rise followed a few days later by a x cents off the promo. All to clever for their own good
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    In Z’s case it’s the manipulation of prices using these loyalty things that could get them into trouble

How often have they had a price rise followed a few days later by a x cents off the promo. All to clever for their own good
    If their competitors also increased their prices as a result of increasing oil prices, it could be that Z is being generous by offering discounts?

However generally that annoys me too. Z is not the only retailer that does that. Isn’t it widespread throughout retailing? Does there need to be a tightening up of general legislation?

ComCom have a guideline on price discounting here: https://comcom.govt.nz/consumers/dea...rvices/pricing
    Last edited by Bjauck; 05-11-2018 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I certainly do. Why pay more for a generic product than you have to.