sharetrader
Page 877 of 899 FirstFirst ... 377777827867873874875876877878879880881887 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,770 of 8983
    Advanced Member

I did an experiment this morning. Bought 3000 and sold 5000. Have worked out there is probably a lot of depth manipulation going on. It has been happening to me a lot in the last year or so. eg there will be an order sitting there for a while either buying or selling and it could be sitting there for 30min or an hour it doesn't matter, every time I amend my order I get the feeling someone is watching and quickly put there order ahead of mine. It has happen to me too many times to be a coincidence. It has happened to me at least 6 times today and that is one of the reasons why I will give up share trading in the future at some stage. If someone on the inside can see your order coming through and quickly change theirs, then that is not good.
    Last edited by see weed; 18-05-2023 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    A good bounce up to 6.05, instos still buying and little on offer.
    Would you like to elaborate how you know that insto's are "still buying"?

Do you have any evidence for this claim or did you make it up?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    I did an experiment this morning. Bought 3000 and sold 5000. Have worked out there is probably a lot of depth manipulation going on. It has been happening to me a lot in the last year or so. eg there will be an order sitting there for a while either buying or selling and it could be sitting there for 30min or an hour it doesn't matter, every time I amend my order I get the feeling someone is watching and quickly put there order ahead of mine. It has happen to me too many times to be a coincidence.
    Trading BOTs at broker terminals ...they react much faster then retail orders thru online brokers ...its always the case in illiquid stocks ...its called spread capture ...

Always good to see Directors buying (even if it is through a share club but they must have said it’s a good buy

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...583/394524.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Would you like to elaborate how you know that insto's are "still buying"?

Do you have any evidence for this claim or did you make it up?
    It stands to reason.

When there is a minor quantity being bid like 20 shares, at or below market and you have a much larger quantity youre selling like 10,000 at the last sale price. Then your holding gets gobbled up.

Brokers don't seem to disclose the true number on the depth page, its just a standing order.

Did my post upset you in some way BP. I'm pleased to be able to explain it to you
    Last edited by Habits; 18-05-2023 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    I did an experiment this morning. Bought 3000 and sold 5000. Have worked out there is probably a lot of depth manipulation going on. It has been happening to me a lot in the last year or so. eg there will be an order sitting there for a while either buying or selling and it could be sitting there for 30min or an hour it doesn't matter, every time I amend my order I get the feeling someone is watching and quickly put there order ahead of mine. It has happen to me too many times to be a coincidence.
    You sound like a true investor ... - just hope you didn't sell and buy at the same time - some people might call that market manipulation ;

Anyway - if you are saying the brokers or the stock exchange are manipulating the market, than this would be a case for the SFO. This would be a clear breach of their legal requirements. Is this what you are saying?
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    It stands to reason.

When there is a minor quantity being bid like 20 shares, at or below market and you have a much larger quantity youre selling like 10,000 at the last sale price. Then your holding gets gobbled up.

Brokers don't seem to disclose the true number on the depth page, its just a standing order.

Did my post upset you in some way BP. I'm pleased to be able to explain it to you
    Look - I am just tired of speculations about market manipulations as well as institutional buying or selling without any evidence. Not quite sure what your example is supposed to prove ... and the numbers involved clearly don't point to institutions - I recon most of the investors here would order or sell a handful of 10000 shares at a time. Keeps the brokerage low.

Constant undermining of our systems helps nobody - and formulating what you maybe hope for "institutional buying" as a fact does not help either.

It is a well known fact that the depth does not contain all bids and offers, and to be fair - it can't. It is provided by the stock exchange, it always has some time delay (even if you pay for getting the data "without delay") and it contains obviously only the bids and offers the stock exchange knows about at the last time they sampled the depth. Brokers are allowed to hold back offers and bids which at current market price would not be successful - and they are as well allowed to sell and buy from one of their customers to one other of their customer without involving the stock exchange ... in which case these numbers only appear later in the depth of the stock exchange.

So - what exactly does you example prove?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 18-05-2023 at 12:59 PM.
    ----

Jeez, instos getting interested in HLG

Not always a good thing though
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Look - I am just tired of speculations about market manipulations as well as institutional buying or selling without any evidence. Not quite sure what your example is supposed to prove ... and the numbers involved clearly don't point to institutions - I recon most of the investors here would order or sell a handful of 10000 shares at a time. Keeps the brokerage low.

Constant undermining of our systems helps nobody - and formulating what you maybe hope for "institutional buying" as a fact does not help either.

It is a well known fact that the depth does not contain all bids and offers, and to be fair - it can't. It is provided by the stock exchange, it always has some time delay (even if you pay for getting the data "without delay") and it contains obviously only the bids and offers the stock exchange knows about at the last time they sampled the depth. Brokers are allowed to hold back offers and bids which at current market price would not be successful - and they are as well allowed to sell and buy from one of their customers to one other of their customer without involving the stock exchange ... in which case these numbers only appear later in the depth of the stock exchange.

So - what exactly does you example prove?
    Thank you. So what you are saying is the depth I am looking at is not always the true depth of shares being bought and sold.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jeez, instos getting interested in HLG

Not always a good thing though

must be getting interested .. back up six dollar