sharetrader
Page 129 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1740
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    AIA are absolutely rorting customers blind with their predatory pricing on casual parking rates at the airport. Uncovered parking for one day $50. Highway robbery in my opinion.
    I thought $34 for a day at Wellington Airport was bad but $50 is extortion.

AIA are absolutely rorting customers blind with their predatory pricing on casual parking rates at the airport. Uncovered parking for one day $50. Highway robbery in my opinion.
    Yeah, though the used to be reasonable a few years ago. I used to park there for week-long trips, and I'm sure it was under $100. Now I use Aeroparks instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    AIA's share price went up to all time high to $8 today, what is the rationale of its share price gone astronomical ?
    I guess all this talk of expansion & tourism growth blah blah blah .... the question is How did they get so far behind the infrastructure in the first place????

Continuous expansion, disruption and disgruntled customers. When a large event occurs they never seem to have the capacity to cope ..... queues at security, Koru members not allowed guests, congestion at gates with many people sitting on the floor & limited dining choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern_Belle View Post
    I guess all this talk of expansion & tourism growth blah blah blah .... the question is How did they get so far behind the infrastructure in the first place????

Continuous expansion, disruption and disgruntled customers. When a large event occurs they never seem to have the capacity to cope ..... queues at security, Koru members not allowed guests, congestion at gates with many people sitting on the floor & limited dining choices.
    It's a monopoly - so get used to it.

And all the better to justify ever increasing charges to improve services.

Own a few AIA shares and you will be rejoicing like those of us who own a few

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I thought $34 for a day at Wellington Airport was bad but $50 is extortion.

That's exactly what it is. If I get time I will draft up a formal complaint to the Commerce Commission as this is so outrageous something needs to be done for the benefit of all consumers. For goodness sake, some air fares to parts of N.Z. are cheaper than a day's parking, so something is very seriously wrong.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

That's exactly what it is. If I get time I will draft up a formal complaint to the Commerce Commission as this is so outrageous something needs to be done for the benefit of all consumers. For goodness sake, some air fares to parts of N.Z. are cheaper than a day's parking, so something is very seriously wrong.
    Appreciate if you could complain about Auckland city centre carparks as well - some charge $36 for 2 hours! Now THAT is extortion - especially when it's all in fine print and deceptively advertised as $8 carpark (in bold)!

($8 per half an hour, that is and then it ratchets up to $24 per hour after the third hour!)

Ouch maybe I am out of touch out here in the burbs ? Anyway it will be a waste of time complaining as AIA will simply point to all the wonderful new facilities they are building for passengers. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12218574 (Sorry there are no prizes, not even a chocolate fish), for guessing who is really paying for all these facilities. Seems bizarre that one can get a cheap flight from say Auckland to Nelson for as low as $39 sometimes and it costs more for parking than it does for the flight.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Ouch maybe I am out of touch out here in the burbs ? Anyway it will be a waste of time complaining as AIA will simply point to all the wonderful new facilities they are building for passengers. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12218574 (Sorry there are no prizes, not even a chocolate fish), for guessing who is really paying for all these facilities. Seems bizarre that one can get a cheap flight from say Auckland to Nelson for as low as $39 sometimes and it costs more for parking than it does for the flight.
    A taxi ride from Auckland city to airport is $75 to $85. Now try figuring that one out as you can fly to Christchurch from Auckland (late last flight) for that kind of money!

I use Uber and it costs around $50 to $75 depending on time of day.

Guru

. That is hefty. Would make it more worthwhile getting a taxi or Uber. All part of the expense of travelling. Land is expensive in Auckland and consequently car parking is expensive. Time for Auckland to get serious about public transport links to the airport and reduce the demand for private car parking?