sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    I guess time will tell who is correct. Im sorry for your loss old guy and to be fair to both you and balance you both are correct so far. I am holding in the hope I may help people in need, plus help a New Zealand company and don't mind holding a paper loss. Life is sometimes about investing in greater things than pure profit. Only my choice and not advising others to do the same. I have also invested in Sirtex, an Australian cancer company for the same reason.
    I think you will have a chance soon enough to put more money to 'assist' PEB in its cause.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    You keep using BLT as an example--But let me remind you that when I first looked at it it was trading at 12c (and higher before) so using your strategy of waiting for it to come right would have been pretty catastrophic in those cases--You just happened to show up when it had tanked big time and was cheap and had a change of management---That may still be ahead for PEB (or may not)--not a sound bases for others to invest---It needs a bit of ''show me the money'' first

I hope the product survives as its a Kiwi conpany and ,who knows ,I may need it...but if it doesnt Ill be placing the blame firmly on the managements shoulders rather than shareholders.
    You are quite wrong Skid - I didn't show up late with BLT. I first invested in 2005 at 19c a share. I accept others have been caught with higher cost holdings or have sold and crystallized their losses. However, I believed in the company and supported its capital raisings over subsequent years- yes some at as low as 0.7c. I now own millions of shares at an average of less than 2c each so it has definitely been a good news story for me. If I hadn't believed BLT would eventually succeed I wouldn't have continued to invest in the company and would have bailed long ago.

I have supported PEB since my first investment at 53c in 2012 and still do.

I realise that this is a forum on ShareTRADER - however I expect that many others on here are like me - an INVESTOR. We all have different strategies for managing our money, varying appetites for risk and different time horizons for our investments. I guess that accounts for many of the differing views expressed from time to time. It just gets a bit wearing when one old tune gets repeated ad infinitum about PEB from someone who doesn't have a single dollar at risk.

That's all from me for now. I'm happy to wait for the half year report next month before commenting any further.

Au revoir
    Pierre

Having given up on this thread a couple of years ago I decided today after receiving the PEB Investor Update to take a look and see what was being said about this company with its set of incredible diagnostic tools. What I have found is the same people saying the same things, mainly negative comments and assumptions. PEB are not selling fancy Flubber balls or trick drones that every kid from around the world wants right now and will be an instant seller. PEB's products have been approved and tested to be the best at what they have been designed to do but they still have some bridges to cross, I'm aware of that. It is a shame that some commentators or contributors here have not heard of the saying "good things come to those who wait" .

Quote Originally Posted by Defater View Post
    Having given up on this thread a couple of years ago I decided today after receiving the PEB Investor Update to take a look and see what was being said about this company with its set of incredible diagnostic tools. What I have found is the same people saying the same things, mainly negative comments and assumptions. PEB are not selling fancy Flubber balls or trick drones that every kid from around the world wants right now and will be an instant seller. PEB's products have been approved and tested to be the best at what they have been designed to do but they still have some bridges to cross, I'm aware of that. It is a shame that some commentators or contributors here have not heard of the saying "good things come to those who wait" .
    I agree Defater. I have previously likened strong PEB detractors as the "looney left" and those who support them a bit more balanced - something to that effect.
    I take more kindly to the views of a pierre or a minerbarejet, for example, because even though they are keen to see PEB do well, they are cautiously optimistic and are not sycophantic in their assertions or opinions of where things are at. Whereas some commentators, you know who you are, have almost an unhealthy hatred or dismissiveness towards the company. Even a hardened PEB critic 'skid' has been a bit more balanced in his views; I know him and others (despite their occasional barb-throwing) are still keen for PEB to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post

It just gets a bit wearing when one old tune gets repeated ad infinitum about PEB from someone who doesn't have a single dollar at risk.

That's all from me for now. I'm happy to wait for the half year report next month before commenting any further.

Au revoir
    Pierre
    Exactly why some of us who had many dollars at risk with PEB - saw the light and sold out* when the company kept promising year after year and kept coming up** with excuses for not delivering year after year - now continue to post so newies are aware of the company's track record.

How come the repetitive regurgitation of promises ($100m, millions of tests opportunities, excitement etc) from PEB and the resetting of goals by the directors are ok?

* giving our reasons why we have lost confidence

** kept coming up with capital raisings too!
    Last edited by Balance; 28-10-2016 at 05:37 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Exactly why some of us who had many dollars at risk with PEB - saw the light and sold out* when the company kept promising year after year and kept coming up** with excuses for not delivering year after year - now continue to post so newies are aware of the company's track record.

How come the repetitive regurgitation of promises ($100m, millions of tests opportunities, excitement etc) from PEB and the resetting of goals by the directors are ok?

* giving our reasons why we have lost confidence

** kept coming up with capital raisings too!
    1. What goals were 'reset'?

All I keep hearing is how they keep on confirming they are on track for $100m since commercialization (and I'm not going to bother stating when this started, as, like many of the regurgitated 'negative drum beating' points on this thread lately, this has been well discussed previously)

2. How many times have they raised capital in the period they have been listed?

Maybe we could compare that to another similarly sized market cap (once upon a time) tech company: Wynyard: how long they were listed, how much they raised, and how many times they raised.

You must have missed my (brief) analysis...post 14950 if you'd like to see how things are actually going... Doesn't exactly show things bottoming out or slowing down that is for sure...
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 28-10-2016 at 05:45 PM. Reason: the latest 'negative drum beating' and unfounded point is how they are all of a sudden going to need to raise capital

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    1. What goals were 'reset'?
    As the song goes - where do I even begin! Start with 6 examples :

1. No more capital raising - oops, one more and looks like will be another soon.

2. CMS & VA - expected within a year and 3 years later, still expecting.

3. KMS - likewise as 2.

4. Tens of thousands of tests - we will never know because it's all mirrors and light.

5. Early stage of commercialization - 4 years later, still early stage!

6. $100m - keep pushing out time frame required.
    Last edited by Balance; 28-10-2016 at 05:51 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    You are quite wrong Skid - I didn't show up late with BLT. I first invested in 2005 at 19c a share. I accept others have been caught with higher cost holdings or have sold and crystallized their losses. However, I believed in the company and supported its capital raisings over subsequent years- yes some at as low as 0.7c. I now own millions of shares at an average of less than 2c each so it has definitely been a good news story for me. If I hadn't believed BLT would eventually succeed I wouldn't have continued to invest in the company and would have bailed long ago.

I have supported PEB since my first investment at 53c in 2012 and still do.

I realise that this is a forum on ShareTRADER - however I expect that many others on here are like me - an INVESTOR. We all have different strategies for managing our money, varying appetites for risk and different time horizons for our investments. I guess that accounts for many of the differing views expressed from time to time. It just gets a bit wearing when one old tune gets repeated ad infinitum about PEB from someone who doesn't have a single dollar at risk.

Au revoir
    Pierre
    ahh from the really early days (BLT) fair enough, Good thing you didnt have most at your initial SP though.--No problem hanging in for the long haul (although a pay day is not guaranteed just from just time held---Im sure ''share trader'' covers those who hold for investing ,as well as trade,and for that matter those who have been in and out ,and those who hold none as well--no golden membership here --any can post---Sometimes not jumping in to a share that relies on faith, can make you more money than being in---When the tide turns it may be then time..who knows---IMO when a share continually lets holders down,its better to wait till it starts to earn its keep.
    Im happy to be on the sidelines ..and in the black from ''crystallizing'' in the past.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Defater View Post
    Thats what we are doing ...waiting for it to show signs of life.--If you want to tie up your money in the mean time --no worries

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    As the song goes - where do I even begin! Start with 6 examples :

1. No more capital raising.

2. CMS & VA.

3. KMS.

4. Tens of thousands of tests.

5. Early stage of commercialization.

6. $100m.
    1. No more capital raising - point taken, they did mention they didn't think they would need more capital, but, as well discussed this is likely due to agreements have taken longer than expected (the ones you mention below, although 1 of them is now done and dusted!)

2. CMS & VA - what was reset exactly?

3. KMS - what was reset exactly?

4. Tens of thousands of tests - I am pretty sure this is very much going to be the case! Can't wait!

5. Early stage of commercialization - Yes they are still in the early stage of commercialization, I would struggle to even say it has reached a couple of years, what has changed about this?

6. $100m - I am pretty sure this is very much going to be the case!