sharetrader
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    92% increase in revenue - what was the increase in profit? That's what really counts.
    ie - do they sell at much of a profit?
    About 50% on the Pfizer vaccine along, if you want to waste an hour or so go and have a study of their accounts, do you think they are in this for love or money?

I read somewhere it costs a little over a US$1 to make and they sell it in a range of US$10 - 20

Quote Originally Posted by ADogsLife View Post
    Ok, so here goes. First post, long time lurker and passive observer.

So the analytical side of my brain maintains high conviction for this stock. But that’s not the issue. Sharetrader, which I’m sure was established to assist learning, sharing analysis (safer to stay with the pack perhaps?) and providing a forum for the exchange of insightful experience has instead for me become the test of ones emotion towards a stock. Comments aimed toward driving fear or greed at extremes need moderation and I try to avoid reacting when I read such. If I do react, why? Self-analysis is tough at the best of times….
    For many people Sharetrader has become mainly a place to vent emotions, rather than sharing analysis of stocks. It has deteriorated over the years. I had a break for nearly a year and it is very noticeable how unhealthy and toxic it has become in the last year. Many of the comments are really negative, and name calling and personal attacks are common behaviour. Diversity is not welcome. Group think is preferred. I am surprised at how shallow the discussions are. Sometimes it is better for your mental health not to read Sharetrader.

Quiet Observer

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    For many people Sharetrader has become mainly a place to vent emotions, rather than sharing analysis of stocks. It has deteriorated over the years. I had a break for nearly a year and it is very noticeable how unhealthy and toxic it has become in the last year. Many of the comments are really negative, and name calling and personal attacks are common behaviour. Diversity is not welcome. Group think is preferred. I am surprised at how shallow the discussions are. Sometimes it is better for your mental health not to read Sharetrader.
    The direction of the path that each thread on ST takes is simply a reflection of the state of mind of those that travel on that path.

Moka & ADogsLife; You have the power in your hands (keyboard fingers in this case!) to influence the path that this thread takes. If you wish to wield some of that power, perhaps you would be best to share with us your own analysis of OCA?

Place your analysis under the spotlight for others to consider, critique & respond to. It is only through the unbridled competition of thinking, opinions & ideas that real progress can be made; whatever the endeavour.
    Last edited by FTG; 31-10-2021 at 10:39 AM.
    Success is a journey AND a destination!

I have never read the book 1984, but I see there is a nation of Oceania.

At the beginning of the book 1984, these words are presented as the official motto of the nation of Oceania:

War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength
    — George Orwell, 1984

The words are written in enormous letters on the white pyramid of the Ministry of Truth, which considering that they are obvious contradictions, seems to be an odd place to put them.
    Orwell opened his book in this way on purpose in order to introduce the reader to the concept of Doublethink, which is what allows the people of Oceania to live with constant contradictions in their lives. Doublethink is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in one’s mind simultaneously.

https://owlcation.com/humanities/The-Meaning-of-War-is-Peace-Freedom-is-Slavery-and-Ignorance-is-Strength-in-Orwells-1984

The NZX50 Gross index inclusive of all dividends paid year to date is down for the year and headed for the worst year in more than a decade. This sets the backdrop for the tone this year as well as we're going through the worst pandemic ever experienced in over 100 years.

I could say a lot more but its probably best I don't.
    Last edited by Beagle; 31-10-2021 at 08:36 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    The NZX50 Gross index inclusive of all dividends paid year to date is down for the year and headed for the worst year in more than a decade. This sets the backdrop for the tone this year as well as we're going through the worst pandemic ever experienced in over 100 years.

I could say a lot more but its probably best I don't.
    2 Nov 2020- 12,000
    29 Oct 2021 - 13100

For a combined one year gain of 8%. Which is much better than OCA (turns out its not that hard to beat).
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 01-11-2021 at 03:06 AM.

heres a question for the people who work in retirement villages.

the outbreak at the henderson village last week has meant the stand -down of 1 staff member

what happens in an outbreak if a majority of staff members have to stand down ?

how will the village function

I see 2 of the fully vaccinated residents of the village are now in hospital
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    heres a question for the people who work in retirement villages.

the outbreak at the henderson village last week has meant the stand -down of 1 staff member

what happens in an outbreak if a majority of staff members have to stand down ?

how will the village function

I see 2 of the fully vaccinated residents of the village are now in hospital
    Hate to be mercenary about the health of older people. They are still paying their full resthome costs, even though they are not eating, heating, monitoring and a few other ings. Looks like a win win for the resthome.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Hate to be mercenary about the health of older people. They are still paying their full resthome costs, even though they are not eating, heating, monitoring and a few other ings. Looks like a win win for the resthome.
    thats true , but i was wondering from the staffing side of things if they are all on isolation how do you find replacement staff to keep things running
    one step ahead of the herd