sharetrader

Looks like it'll break the 145 resistance here. This should get it through to at least the resistance at 155 I'm picking.

Disc: hold in long term portfolio & swing trading a position.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_code

"New Zealand has a 6-digit prefix identical to Australia's BSB code, and although they appear similar (e.g. ANZ bank accounts in both countries start with 01, Westpac with 03), they are not compatible. The first 2 digits indicate the bank and the next 4 digits indicate the branch. All digits, along with the seven-digit account number and two or three digit suffix, are required for all wire transfers regardless of whether the transfer is intra-bank or interbank."

The two bold bits indicate the information you are after. 03 = Westpac

SNOOPY
    ...or Rabobank or Heartland. That prefix could just indicate a processing arrangement - so it does not answer my questions. As previously posted, Rabobank is also prefix 03 so does that also mean that Rabobank accounts are merely relabelled Westpac accounts?

Anyway this discussion has become circular. I have not seen any evidence to show that my Heartland accounts are merely relabelled big Australian Bank (Westpac) accounts. My bubble remains “unbursted”.

Guru

first addition 1962 - Hoani R Waititi.. author.

Do beagles fish is my question?

Gosh no major texts prepared for teaching by education department until this book. J L Hunter inspector of primary schools wrote the forward for the first official teaching maori books for education department in NZ.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 30-11-2020 at 04:14 PM.

Investor

Very bullish ASM having listened and viewed it online, onwards and upwards from here...

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    You've got it wrong beagle - slow down wand think when you get all excited

Heartland generally makes more in H2 than H1

So 4 months = $30m is H1 likely profit $45m and on recent H1/H2 splits gives $95m for full year ...plus ongoing strong growth gives $100m

At $100m that's an EPS of 17 cents - your 14 PE gives what as a share price ....and what size divie

Answer in Te Reo Maori please
    Just for you mate that suggests a target price of rua tāra hokorua and a dividend of waru cents per share fully imputed even with RBNZ (sorry no Te Reo translation for them) restrictions. Would you like a sustainability report from me as well with that projection

Mine was very quick back of the envelope stuff...was to busy engaging in BBB activities before everyone else does

Only way the recent price made sense was if a downgrade was coming, and now it appears its very plausible the exact opposite will happen in due course.

Cindy talking about a vaccine coming in March...she wouldn't tell us porkies surely ! Banks have a very high beta to Covid recovery. Hmmm

Wouldn't it be "a shame" if on top of your ~ $95m they had to add back some of the over-provisioning for Covid from FY20 that they confirmed is not being used this year and also account for their gain on holding Harmoney as well.....not out of the question we could possibly see a bit north of $100m !

Waltzing Man - Beagles only fish for Kingfish, Barramundi and Marlin
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-11-2020 at 05:51 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

some trout rods here from the days of scottish and english immigrants , cane ones too...

Beagles only fish for the big ones!

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    ...or Rabobank or Heartland. That prefix could just indicate a processing arrangement - so it does not answer my questions. As previously posted, Rabobank is also prefix 03 so does that also mean that Rabobank accounts are merely relabelled Westpac accounts?
    Yes.

Think about it. Rabobank have never had a nationwide network. Heartland have reduced their nationwide network as they follow their 'digital growth strategy'. It makes sense for both to outsource the face to face part of their respective businesses.

If either Heartland or Rabobank wanted to operated their own banking accounts, they could have got their own unique banking code, like Kiwibank did. But they did not do that.

Come to think of it, I am not really sure what the difference is between an account prefix 'indicating a processing arrangement' and actually 'being a Westpac account' means in practice. If Heartland wanted a processing arrangement separate from Westpac, they presumably could have used their own unique code that accessed a parallel off site unique Heartland computer network. The Westpac teller who serves you would then type in something like '0H' not '03' for example. But Heartland didn't arrange it that way.

If Westpac got into trouble and had to suspend their activities for a period then obviously everything else operating on the Westpac platform would also be suspended. Do you really think the Westpac branches would reopen with a sign on the door saying: "Westpac customer go away. We are seeing Heartland customers only"?

The fact is that to deal with a Heartland account in person, you go into a Westpac branch and deal with an 03 account. It comes down the the 'duck theory'. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, what you are looking at is very likely a duck. If you go into a Westpac branch and see a goose, despite all indicators pointing to your account being a duck, what more can I say? Your alternative explanation of having one bank reference number for three completely separate banking systems just doesn't seem very likely.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 30-11-2020 at 06:17 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Banned

Let this kamatua translate master Beagle prediction....$2 target n 8 c dividend...kiora...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    ... If Westpac got into trouble and had to suspend their activities for a period then obviously everything else operating on the Westpac platform will also be suspended. Do you really think the Westpac branches would reopen with a sign on the door saying: "Westpac customer go away. We are seeing Heartland customers only"?...
    I think there is a big difference between a processing arrangement and offering separate accounts . Rabobank, Heartland and Westpac offer different accounts subject to their own financial standing and credit worthiness assessment.

Meemaw and Meepaw may miss the bricks and mortar access but Mom and Dad bankers probably do most of their banking online. I am not sure why a Westpac Bank regulatory suspension issue would affect the transaction processing side of things which Rabobank and Heartland use.

However if the processing side of things on behalf of Heartland is inextricably linked to Westpac's credit worthiness as a bank, then the fortunes of Heartland and Rabobank would be inextricably linked with Westpac - especially if Heartland could not rapidly outsource transaction processing to another outfit. In that situation, my bubble would indeed be burst and my accounts are mere westpac ducklings! I agree that a technical/ computer outage would affect them all.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 30-11-2020 at 06:23 PM.

Beagle ... RBNZ is Te Putea Matua

Adrian talks about Tane Mahuta the giant kauri quite a lot
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”