sharetrader
Page 241 of 286 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

Permanent Newbie

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...s-it-of-errors

Didn't think much of Spark a month or so ago they rang to ask if I wanted a better internet connection and I could keep my number but it would be attached to a mobile number or something of the sort. Part way through the conversation I realized they were selling me a deal to use their wireless network and ditch the copper. Once I worked that out I told them to f**k off and stop wasting my time but I would imagine plenty of people wouldn't have a clue what was really being offered. Chorus could lose a lot of business from rural folk switching to Sparks wireless network. The sales person just said I would get more data and the internet would work better, I only twigged what was being offered because I took an interest in chorus a while back. It doesn't worry me too much as I didn't invest in chorus but it upset me that the marketing for the switch to wireless is sort of deceptive from Spark. I am sick of b*lls**t and deception fobbed off as clever marketing trying to confuse people to sell **** is a sad state of affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...s-it-of-errors

Didn't think much of Spark a month or so ago they rang to ask if I wanted a better internet connection and I could keep my number but it would be attached to a mobile number or something of the sort. Part way through the conversation I realized they were selling me a deal to use their wireless network and ditch the copper. Once I worked that out I told them to f**k off and stop wasting my time but I would imagine plenty of people wouldn't have a clue what was really being offered. Chorus could lose a lot of business from rural folk switching to Sparks wireless network. The sales person just said I would get more data and the internet would work better, I only twigged what was being offered because I took an interest in chorus a while back. It doesn't worry me too much as I didn't invest in chorus but it upset me that the marketing for the switch to wireless is sort of deceptive from Spark. I am sick of b*lls**t and deception fobbed off as clever marketing trying to confuse people to sell **** is a sad state of affairs.
    That really is naughty isn't it. The Chairman and CEO of Chorus have noticed these shenanigans.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU161...dsl-uptake.htm

A few months ago an Indian man from Spark, with a heavy Indian accent knocked on my door asking me if I include my prepaid mobile payment into my phone bill I will be paying $14 a month instead of paying $19 a month for 500 mb, 100 free minutes. Without any hesitation I signed up thinking that was a good deal. To my surprise when my phone bill arrived instead of paying discounted $14 I have to pay $19.99 and some other confusing charges. What a ripoff from Spark. I immediately change the provider from Spark to Skinny paying $30 a month for 3 gigabits and unlimited calls. What a ripoff merchant Spark were and now Skinny is cannibalising them lol

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    A few months ago an Indian man from Spark, with a heavy Indian accent knocked on my door asking me if I include my prepaid mobile payment into my phone bill I will be paying $14 a month instead of paying $19 a month for 500 mb, 100 free minutes. Without any hesitation I signed up thinking that was a good deal. To my surprise when my phone bill arrived instead of paying discounted $14 I have to pay $19.99 and some other confusing charges. What a ripoff from Spark. I immediately change the provider from Spark to Skinny paying $30 a month for 3 gigabits and unlimited calls. What a ripoff merchant Spark were and now Skinny is cannibalising them lol
    Skinny is owned by Spark. It's their discount brand. Confusing eh?

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Skinny is owned by Spark. It's their discount brand. Confusing eh?
    Looks like nothing has changed since Teresa Gattung admitted they make the charges confusing so they can charge more/discourage people from changing service provider.

Good to see some sanity come back into the Chorus share price, just two weeks ago it was $3.50! (which was getting stupid cheap).

I am just about fully committed but managed to scrounge together $7000 to buy a few more. It was the best I could do and better than nothing.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 28-11-2016 at 08:54 PM.

Lots of work for Chorus coming up with UFB2 roll out.

https://www.chorus.co.nz/ufb2

My rough calculation has chorus on PE of 13 on fy 17 guidance.

Still quite bit of upside

Yes, good result beating expectations. CNU hopefully has now become boring investment that I always wanted. It pays a reasonable, sustainable dividend that is forecast to increase modestly in the years ahead. It's a cornerstone of my retirement income.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up Sent via my 100Mbps fibre connection

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Yes, good result beating expectations. CNU hopefully has now become boring investment that I always wanted. It pays a reasonable, sustainable dividend that is forecast to increase modestly in the years ahead. It's a cornerstone of my retirement income.
    Increase in profit (mainly) from a change in accounting treatment otherwise not so flash.

Still need to keep borrowing to build (& maintain) the network.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum