sharetrader
Page 689 of 840 FirstFirst ... 189589639679685686687688689690691692693699739789 ... LastLast
Results 6,881 to 6,890 of 8398

Patience Grasshopper. Good things take time.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    What’s happened to our $5

Seems to be getting further away
    ex div today...
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    ex div today...

Time to back up the truck again soon ?

DFABPCLMB

If history is anything to go by, there is an 80%* chance the closing share price on 15 July will fall from the 14 July closing share price, by an amount that is less than the value of the dividend. There is also a 50%* chance the closing share price does not change from cum to ex dividend (i.e. the daily closing price change is zero). Given the current yield for this dividend is around 2% and a brokerage rate of 0.5% => free money once you factor in the tax credits.

*this is assuming one does not bet the farm on an illiquid stock and move the price excessively.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    If history is anything to go by, there is an 80%* chance the closing share price on 15 July will fall from the 14 July closing share price, by an amount that is less than the value of the dividend. There is also a 50%* chance the closing share price does not change from cum to ex dividend (i.e. the daily closing price change is zero). Given the current yield for this dividend is around 2% and a brokerage rate of 0.5% => free money once you factor in the tax credits.

*this is assuming one does not bet the farm on an illiquid stock and move the price excessively.

I think the annualised Div yield is a bit higher than 2% - Ferg

Using past 4 payouts - 20 cps cash = 4.67% + Imp Credits

Gross Div Yield (incl tax credits) = 27.78 cps = 6.49 % Gross

I'm thinking a possibility that interims may stretch to 5c or 6c upwards for 21/22 year

Working 3 x 5 c say+ 6c final forwards = 21.0 cps = 4.906% Cash yield

In that scenario, Gross Div Yield (incl tax credits) = 29.17 cps = 6.81 % Gross

If quarterly payouts stretch to 6c + credits - Gross Annual Dividend yield (incl credits) looks
    like 7.78% on current SP

Still pretty good with a good past track record, against current bank deposit rates
    Last edited by nztx; 13-07-2021 at 08:58 PM.

DFABPCLMB

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    I think the annualised Div yield is a bit higher than 2% - Ferg
    Very true. I wasn't 100% clear in my post. The 2% refers to the gross dividend of the day, not annualised.

I have been working the maths* to find the appropriate instantaneous dividend yield vs brokerage and imputation rates to find instances of ex dividend mis-pricing. There is an 80% chance this will be one of them. I will put up a post of the formula needed to solve this, plus some stats on SP losses vs dividend yield - the two are inter-twined.

*That's why I haven't been around much lately - been crunching a lot of numbers.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Very true. I wasn't 100% clear in my post. The 2% refers to the gross dividend of the day, not annualised.

I have been working the maths* to find the appropriate instantaneous dividend yield vs brokerage and imputation rates to find instances of ex dividend mis-pricing. There is an 80% chance this will be one of them. I will put up a post of the formula needed to solve this, plus some stats on SP losses vs dividend yield - the two are inter-twined.

*That's why I haven't been around much lately - been crunching a lot of numbers.
    TRA does appear to exhibit slip backs in it's past SP upwards moves -- these appear temporary within recent 12 months
    20-30c not unusual - I wonder if not the same before resuming ?

The Jan 20 2020 div payment saw a slip of approx 20c between Ex & Pymt date of 4.0 cps + Tax credits
    then there was the larger slide into the Covid-19 lockdown trough

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    TRA does appear to exhibit slip backs in it's past SP upwards moves -- these appear temporary within recent 12 months
    20-30c not unusual - I wonder if not the same before resuming ?
    well timed post considering todays slip back.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Goodness gracious ….as share price heads to 4 bucks instead of 5 bucks a Director has been selling

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...649/350331.pdf
    Last edited by winner69; 14-07-2021 at 02:29 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Goodness gracious ….as share price heads to 4 bucks instead of 5 bucks a Director has been selling

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...649/350331.pdf
    He's not a young man anymore. Probably buying his family a holiday home somewhere...hopefully not lakefront in Queenstown
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine