sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

IMO

Throw in my 6 years or so plus many others and its got to be a record not to be proud of lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyj View Post
    That's hilarious 13 years of this stuff I'm a four month noob and seen many many examples in the crypto thread how do ya'll put up with it? Ignore button would help I suppose.
    So its fair to say he went from

Attachment 9328

to this

Attachment 9329

or has he always been a grumpy puss
    One of the best things you can do as a newbie is to go right back to the start of the thread you are reading and on the odd occasion such as this one certain posters "very kindly" make their bias clear right from the outset.

I am surprised the shares are still trending up but quite philosophical about it. Perhaps the pending inclusion in the NZX20 index is having an impact.
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-12-2017 at 05:57 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    On Sharetrader Paper Tiger is the contributor whose posts I respect the most.
    I respect anyone I deem to be honest about their success and failures and actually have skin in the game, the rest is just BS.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I respect anyone I deem to be honest about their success and failures and actually have skin in the game, the rest is just BS.
    BS and noise,and too many novice investors, mistaking noise for knowledge.!
    Last edited by percy; 11-12-2017 at 07:09 PM.

IMO

Trouble is you have to take everything with again of salt on here and elsewhere. You can deem all you want and its only your opinion for you . I have little respect for big noters.It all comes down to DYOR and NEVER allow yourself to be influenced by ANYBODY. Some great resources and sharing on here but when it comes to making and losing money some human beings have no scruples at all and will be wolves in sheeps clothing. i find share trader one of the better chat sites.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 11-12-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Chinesekiwi View Post
    Iceman - you will be travelling on a 777 200 or 777 300.

You will not be on a 787 Dreamliner.
    At this stage AIR tells me the Dreamliner is scheduled for that flight. They could replace it with the 777-200 which they used on this route before the Dreamliners.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
    787's still scheduled on those services as far as I know. Definitely not 777-300...
    correct.

for those that are interested. One of the wet lease aircrafts is en-route...crew and all.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/a...h-fox/#fcae5f1
    http://www.hifly.aero/en/a340/9h-fox.html

I really wish AIR would disclose some more information? Who is paying for this AIR or RR?

p.s good analysis Roger...

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    At this stage AIR tells me the Dreamliner is scheduled for that flight. They could replace it with the 777-200 which they used on this route before the Dreamliners.
    Interesting that tonight they cancelled a flight to Houston which is a 777-200 route..
    Last edited by brend; 11-12-2017 at 08:35 PM.

Thanks Brend. Like you I wish AIR were more forthcoming but I doubt we'll ever be told. I am sure the exact details of who is paying for what will be commercially sensitive and RR will ensure any deal they agree to is subject to a confidentiality agreement. Even if RR do agree to pick up the tab for the lease of these aircraft those fuel hungry 4 engine A340's are not cheap to run by any means, one wonders who picks up the tab for the substantial extra fuel it'll burn over the ensuing months. Plenty of fodder here for the new general legal counsel of AIR to get her teeth stuck into...
    More concerning however is I feel AIR are not being forthcoming on exactly what happened to those two engines and any collateral damage to the aircraft so as not to scare the travelling public nor do I feel they being scrupulously honest about the risk of another engine failure. Bad luck happens in 3's ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
    Yeah this is the real cost. With this issue effecting this aircraft type around the world it doesn't take long for the travelling public to get anxious about flying this aircraft..
    If the 787 were to lose it's 350 minute(?) EDTO rating this could restrict some AIR flights inparticular EZE meaning 777's would have to take over those service's
    Good point Civil aviation could feasibly make this call at any stage given the well known issues with this engine and the two failures last week or worse, ground the entire older version RR powered 787 fleet. How it affected ANA https://www.theguardian.com/business...t-entire-fleet
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-12-2017 at 09:49 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

From this Saturday the plan is for the 787 to swap out with most probably a 777 300.

Either way - you're going

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Thanks Brend. Like you I wish AIR were more forthcoming but I doubt we'll ever be told. I am sure the exact details of who is paying for what will be commercially sensitive and RR will ensure any deal they agree to is subject to a confidentiality agreement.
    If my facts are incorrect, let me know. When I read the article it said that maintenance on the engines would have to be done earlier than expected. It clearly means it’s a question of “when” or “if”. They knew the engines had a problem but surely not enough for safety issues...but it concerns me, feels like ignorance.

it would be a big blow if this aircraft lost its 330 min Etops
    https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...e-etops-flight

http://www.som.cranfield.ac.uk/som/d...%2010%20v9.pdf

Links for those interested