sharetrader
Page 680 of 1736 FirstFirst ... 18058063067067667767867968068168268368469073078011801680 ... LastLast
Results 6,791 to 6,800 of 17360
    IMO

I'm sorry but just does not wash with me. You may have lost a lot of dough with dodgy finance companies back during the GFC ; a lot of people did it was a travesty. But to call HNZ bank the same is disingenuous./false. Ive been in HNZ since re 70c and have done very well and rate management very highly as they have carved a niche out amongst the big guys, remarkable in fact.This continual negative opinionated ranting . One has to ask why?Is it Ego; I'm always right and everyone else is wrong?. Is it to save people money ?No, look at the AIR example where folks are still being encouraged in like two previous high points where it was suggested to "back up the truck" and they are still down; have lost money.Are you a qualified financial adviser? If so please disclose this; if not why act like one?. Its all the continual subjective , biased posts at any op to discredit HNZ which is harmful to these threads; lets have more objective posting, far better for all.Other wise it just comes across as a poor attempt at match fixing and not a good healthy debate re the pros and cons of a stock. Enough is enough.

Much of the current unsecured and deferred payment consumer lending that HNZ are doing, as previously posted reminds me very much of the poor practices many of the finance companies engaged in during the GFC and we all know how that turned out for most of them. Does a leopard change its spot's and who was running Marac when they had to take their huge write-off ?...just as well they merged to become part of HNZ otherwise that could have been another finance company down the drain. Sometimes to see the big picture you have to look further back in the past, back before you got in at 70 cents. Best to discuss AIR on the appropriate thread. Happy to leave it at that.
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-12-2015 at 09:50 AM.

JT wants more "objective posting" and a "good healthy debate re the pros and cons of a stock"

I currently have some HNZ. I like to keep tabs on what the company is doing and how its run.

Recent changes in Senior Management are interesting.

On one hand punters say Heartland have taken on board 'talented' people from Kiwibank and Rabobank as Chief Risk Officer and in Rural Lending. Good moves in that context.

On the other hand the recruit from Kiwibank must have had some accountability re this
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/7344...ering-failings

The guy from Rabobank seems to have taken a step back in his career for "various personal and professional reasons".

Just a couple of observations, which i find interesting. In an objective way they go into the bank of information as part of a solid fundamental analysis of Heartland and actioned accordingly.
    Last edited by winner69; 03-12-2015 at 12:48 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Much of the current unsecured and deferred payment consumer lending that HNZ are doing, as previously posted reminds me very much of the poor practices many of the finance companies engaged in during the GFC and we all know how that turned out for most of them. Does a leopard change its spot's and who was running Marac when they had to take their huge write-off ?...just as well they merged to become part of HNZ otherwise that could have been another finance company down the drain. Sometimes to see the big picture you have to look further back in the past, back before you got in at 70 cents. Best to discuss AIR on the appropriate thread. Happy to leave it at that.
    I have posted this opinion on the thread brfore but I dont mind repeating myself.

In my opinion the purpose of the merger which set up Heartland was to hide MARAC's lending beneath the skirts of CBS Canterburys balance sheet.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I'm sorry but just does not wash with me. You may have lost a lot of dough with dodgy finance companies back during the GFC ; a lot of people did it was a travesty. But to call HNZ bank the same is disingenuous./false. Ive been in HNZ since re 70c and have done very well and rate management very highly as they have carved a niche out amongst the big guys, remarkable in fact.This continual negative opinionated ranting . One has to ask why?Is it Ego; I'm always right and everyone else is wrong?. Is it to save people money ?No, look at the AIR example where folks are still being encouraged in like two previous high points where it was suggested to "back up the truck" and they are still down; have lost money.Are you a qualified financial adviser? If so please disclose this; if not why act like one?. Its all the continual subjective , biased posts at any op to discredit HNZ which is harmful to these threads; lets have more objective posting, far better for all.Other wise it just comes across as a poor attempt at match fixing and not a good healthy debate re the pros and cons of a stock. Enough is enough.
    You be happy now - I see Roger BANNED

He entitled to his view (not anymore unfortunately) just as you are ....even if those views differ

Enough is enough

well, I am still picking them up /. Overweight and I believe they have delivered what they have promised. A difficult market to buy on as seems high.

Quote Originally Posted by horus1 View Post
    well, I am still picking them up /. Overweight and I believe they have delivered what they have promised. A difficult market to buy on as seems high.
    No harm buying now horus1. This years earnings will be $55m (even if it is really closer to $60m) and the divie will be pretty good. The share price might even be near $1.60 mid next year in the excitement when punters extrapolate out to F17

If the proverbial is going to hit the fan it won't be obvious until late next year - so keep an eye in the chart and when it starts to look a bad sad hits the time to cash up.

Now - could be back the truck up time - wont be as cheap for while

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    You be happy now - I see Roger BANNED

He entitled to his view (not anymore unfortunately) just as you are ....even if those views differ

Enough is enough
    I'm sure Roger can do his own bidding?

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    I have posted this opinion on the thread brfore but I dont mind repeating myself.

In my opinion the purpose of the merger which set up Heartland was to hide MARAC's lending beneath the skirts of CBS Canterburys balance sheet.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Marilyn, your opinion is probably spot on. The next part of the plan was to dress up as bank for credibility sakes

But still a finance company in disguise

Doing well at the moment
    Last edited by winner69; 03-12-2015 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    1Q statements lack a lot of the detail of full year and only cover the bank, which is not yet all of HNZ.

But they have a net impairment expense of
    $3,306K (with rural being $399K)
    as opposed to this time last year when it was
    $1,838K (with rural being $10K)

Interestingly 90+ day overdue loans on rural as gone from $17,904K to $11,704 in the last three months, possibly as a result of some/many them being reclassified given that Heartland are supporting dairy in these difficult times.

Whilst I think winner69 and his $60M is just winner69 being winner69 I am going to suggest that the $55M end of guidance is looking very achievable at the moment.

And so hot from the Paper Tiger Institute of Obscure Numbers:

Current value: $1.373
    30-Jun-16 value: $1.428
    30-Nov-16 value: $1.465

Assuming nothing special whatsoever happens. (i.e. No Tier2, no buybacks, no MTF, No smoking...)

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    So we could sort of say that Sharetrader guidance is $55m (your very achievable number) to $60m (extrapolation of Q1 plus a fraction more). We are after all the only ones who have come up with a number different from the mid point $53m

Easy to remember is $55m to $60m as well.

We will have to wait until after H1 comes out before Heartland raises their guidance -- next week at the ASM it will be the usual confirmation of current guidance

How come you been 'unbanned' so quickly when apparently Roger won't be back until next year, if he decides to bother come back at all,
    Last edited by winner69; 06-12-2015 at 08:51 AM.